From the Lakes of Minnesota to the Hills of Tennessee.
Happy Memorial Day everyone! I hope you're all having a great day, and taking time to think about the sacrifices that have been made in the past to protect our freedom, as well as those who are serving our country today. Just yesterday I had a friend send out a text to all his friends to let us know that he was leaving for the desert later that afternoon, and I was reminded yet again of the sacrifices that so many people are making for this country. I'm thankful for their courage.
Today, I went out to my friend Becca's parents' house. Each year they have a big Memorial Day picnic, with a parade and music (provided via Ben's ipod), and it's a lot of hot, humid, fun! The parade consists of three heats... first are the little kids on their decked out tricycles and the older ones on their bikes, next are the 4 wheelers and decorated riding lawn mowers (haha), then the big guys bust out the tractors.
Yes, I went to a Memorial Day tractor parade. Don't hate.
It was fun spending time with my friends and laughing at Noah and his goofiness. Its been a great day. I leave for camp in a week, and I was thankful for the time I got to spend hanging out with people I love. Hope your Memorial Day left you thankful for all the blessings you have in your life too.
Today, I went out to my friend Becca's parents' house. Each year they have a big Memorial Day picnic, with a parade and music (provided via Ben's ipod), and it's a lot of hot, humid, fun! The parade consists of three heats... first are the little kids on their decked out tricycles and the older ones on their bikes, next are the 4 wheelers and decorated riding lawn mowers (haha), then the big guys bust out the tractors.
Yes, I went to a Memorial Day tractor parade. Don't hate.
It was fun spending time with my friends and laughing at Noah and his goofiness. Its been a great day. I leave for camp in a week, and I was thankful for the time I got to spend hanging out with people I love. Hope your Memorial Day left you thankful for all the blessings you have in your life too.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home