How Beautiful the Blood..
Tonight was a real sweet time of staff worship. We sang a song by Fee called, "Beautiful the Blood" and it's awesome.
I'll post the lyrics at the end of this post, and you should check it out.
Our staff worship tonight was great, but humbly uncomfortable. When we walked into the auditorium, there was a small circle of chairs and notecards in front of each chair and notecards behind them as well. So, I sat down in the chair with my notecard in it, and our rec director, Stacy stood behind me, and the rest of the team did the same.
First our worship leader Seth started with "How Beautiful the Blood" and then our pastor, Ryan posed the question, "If you had no fear, what would you do?" and then he'd read a passage that reminded us of God's power and presence, and then he'd ask us again, "If you had no fear, what would you do?"
If I had no fear... what WOULD I do?
How is fear holding me back?
How is fear going to hold me back this summer?
How do I let go of it?
I was so worried about what it would be like being placed on such a small staff this summer... but I'm quickly realizing the blessing that it can be. After Ryan got us thinking about fear... he had us go around the circle and encourage one another. We encouraged the people whose chair we were standing behind. So first round, Stacy encouraged me...and then later on, we all switched places and encouraged others. It was amazing the things we have all seen in one another in just 6 short days.
6 days.
Why dont I tell people, people I've known years, the things I see in them? Why don't I encourage others the ways that we did tonight? These people are practically strangers, yet it felt good to see the body of Christ loving like that.
It's going to be a good summer.
I can feel it.
Training week is never fun... mostly because I just cant wait for students to get here. I'm probably going to get to teach bible study week 2! I'm a little nervous because it's earlier in the summer than I thought it would be, and I just hope I've got a good enough hold on my financial director responsibilities, that that's possible. I dont want to feel distracted when I've got students.
A couple things I would love prayer for....
*Confidence in my job as FD. I am so nervous about this new job.
*My attitude and for humility, as a lot of my job is behind the scenes and serving the staff
*The 9 churches coming next week, that the students will already begin to prepare their hearts for what the Lord has in store.
*Staff unity
*Opportunities to be intentional with students and adults, despite not having a Bible study.
Beautiful Blood by Fee
I never knew death could be so sweet
I never knew surrender could feel so free
I never seen such meekness in majesty
That the blood of Jesus was bled for me
And now I sing
Freedom for all my days
It's only by
The power of the cross
I'm raised
The King of Glory
Rescued me
How beautiful the blood flow
How merciful the love show
The King glory poured out
Victorious, I'm weeping
Never knew through these nails
Would love unfold
And never knew these wounds
Would heal my soul
I've never seen
Such beauty and sorrow meet
The blood of Jesus
Was bled for me
And now I sing
Freedom for all my days
It's only by
The power of the cross
I'm raised
The King of Glory
Rescued me
Now I'll sing
Freedom for all my days
It's only by
The power of the cross
I'm raised
The King of Glory
Rescued me
How beautiful you are
How merciful you are
How glorious you are
Christ the Savior
How beautiful you are
How merciful you are
How glorious you are
Christ the Savior
I'll post the lyrics at the end of this post, and you should check it out.
Our staff worship tonight was great, but humbly uncomfortable. When we walked into the auditorium, there was a small circle of chairs and notecards in front of each chair and notecards behind them as well. So, I sat down in the chair with my notecard in it, and our rec director, Stacy stood behind me, and the rest of the team did the same.
First our worship leader Seth started with "How Beautiful the Blood" and then our pastor, Ryan posed the question, "If you had no fear, what would you do?" and then he'd read a passage that reminded us of God's power and presence, and then he'd ask us again, "If you had no fear, what would you do?"
If I had no fear... what WOULD I do?
How is fear holding me back?
How is fear going to hold me back this summer?
How do I let go of it?
I was so worried about what it would be like being placed on such a small staff this summer... but I'm quickly realizing the blessing that it can be. After Ryan got us thinking about fear... he had us go around the circle and encourage one another. We encouraged the people whose chair we were standing behind. So first round, Stacy encouraged me...and then later on, we all switched places and encouraged others. It was amazing the things we have all seen in one another in just 6 short days.
6 days.
Why dont I tell people, people I've known years, the things I see in them? Why don't I encourage others the ways that we did tonight? These people are practically strangers, yet it felt good to see the body of Christ loving like that.
It's going to be a good summer.
I can feel it.
Training week is never fun... mostly because I just cant wait for students to get here. I'm probably going to get to teach bible study week 2! I'm a little nervous because it's earlier in the summer than I thought it would be, and I just hope I've got a good enough hold on my financial director responsibilities, that that's possible. I dont want to feel distracted when I've got students.
A couple things I would love prayer for....
*Confidence in my job as FD. I am so nervous about this new job.
*My attitude and for humility, as a lot of my job is behind the scenes and serving the staff
*The 9 churches coming next week, that the students will already begin to prepare their hearts for what the Lord has in store.
*Staff unity
*Opportunities to be intentional with students and adults, despite not having a Bible study.
Beautiful Blood by Fee
I never knew death could be so sweet
I never knew surrender could feel so free
I never seen such meekness in majesty
That the blood of Jesus was bled for me
And now I sing
Freedom for all my days
It's only by
The power of the cross
I'm raised
The King of Glory
Rescued me
How beautiful the blood flow
How merciful the love show
The King glory poured out
Victorious, I'm weeping
Never knew through these nails
Would love unfold
And never knew these wounds
Would heal my soul
I've never seen
Such beauty and sorrow meet
The blood of Jesus
Was bled for me
And now I sing
Freedom for all my days
It's only by
The power of the cross
I'm raised
The King of Glory
Rescued me
Now I'll sing
Freedom for all my days
It's only by
The power of the cross
I'm raised
The King of Glory
Rescued me
How beautiful you are
How merciful you are
How glorious you are
Christ the Savior
How beautiful you are
How merciful you are
How glorious you are
Christ the Savior

1 Comments:
how wonderful, molly! and you're right, those lyrics are awesome :) i'll be praying for you this summer!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home