He's Leaving on that Midnight Train to Georgia.
For all of you that have been worried about her, Georgia is doing just fine. She did get kidnapped last night, and someone gave her eyes, a nose, and a mouth made from masking tape. The whole experience traumatized her just a bit, but in all, I think she's happy with the results.
In other news...
Yesterday was our day off. We've been working non stop since Monday, June 1st and so that day of rest was definitely needed. I did a little bit of work for camp in the morning, but for the most part, enjoyed my day. We did have some crazy weather though!
On Wednesday night one of the guys on our staff, Jeremy (who is married to Courtney) told us that he and our camp pastor Ryan (who is married to Katie, who is sadly back home in Texas) had something planned and that anyone who wanted to take part should meet on Thursday (our day off) in the office at 5:30.
Ooohhh I love surprises!
I had no idea what they were planning.
So all of us girls wiped the sweat and dirt of the last 2 weeks from our faces, put on non-camp clothes and made our way to the office around 5:30. Most of the guys were oddly missing, but we assumed they opted to play basketball or go into knoxville rather than partake in the night's festivities. It was our day off, so it's no big deal. Two of the other guys waited in the office with us, and when the time came, asked us to hop in some cars and follow them.
Drew, leading the pack, drove us across campus to one of the rooms we'd been using all week. Outside the door was a big sign that said, "We love our chiks!" and when we opened the door, the room was decorated in pink and white streamers and balloons and a dinner of chik fil a mixed with some KFC was set out before us. It was precious. After we all sat down, and the guys got our drinks, Jeremy told us girls that the guys had gone through our favorite things lists (something we filled out at the beginning of the summer) and that most of us had said our favorite fast food was chik fil a... and so they wanted to do something special for us to let us know how much they appreciate us. He even said that it was convenient that we all picked Christian Chicken, but that they were fully prepared to go out and find all of our favorites.
Then we were informed that after dinner, the guys had rented a movie for us all to watch. So we ate our meal, laughed and talked, and then sat together as a staff and watched, "The Little Mermaid"!!! Anyone who has worked camp with me knows that Ariel's song, "Part of that World" is my 'go to' song whenever I find myself alone on an empty fuge stage. I cant help it. You can't even begin to imagine how wonderful it was to sit around singing Disney songs with my staff. Last night was definitely one of my favorite Fuge moments... in all 5 summers that I've worked. It was nice to be appreciated and cared for and it was nice to be able to spend time with people that are quickly becoming like family.
The guys on my staff are amazing. They're funny, godly men who are excited about serving the Lord with everything they are this summer. I cant wait to see how He uses them to grow His Kingdom and change the lives of students.
Yay for the Carson Newman Fuge Guys!


Whitney was my singing buddy throughout the movie....
although on a staff like ours, there wasnt a non-singer in the bunch!
I don't know when, I dont know how, but I know somethings starting right now...
watch and you'll see. Someday I'll be, part of that world!
In other news...
Yesterday was our day off. We've been working non stop since Monday, June 1st and so that day of rest was definitely needed. I did a little bit of work for camp in the morning, but for the most part, enjoyed my day. We did have some crazy weather though!
On Wednesday night one of the guys on our staff, Jeremy (who is married to Courtney) told us that he and our camp pastor Ryan (who is married to Katie, who is sadly back home in Texas) had something planned and that anyone who wanted to take part should meet on Thursday (our day off) in the office at 5:30.
Ooohhh I love surprises!
I had no idea what they were planning.
So all of us girls wiped the sweat and dirt of the last 2 weeks from our faces, put on non-camp clothes and made our way to the office around 5:30. Most of the guys were oddly missing, but we assumed they opted to play basketball or go into knoxville rather than partake in the night's festivities. It was our day off, so it's no big deal. Two of the other guys waited in the office with us, and when the time came, asked us to hop in some cars and follow them.
Drew, leading the pack, drove us across campus to one of the rooms we'd been using all week. Outside the door was a big sign that said, "We love our chiks!" and when we opened the door, the room was decorated in pink and white streamers and balloons and a dinner of chik fil a mixed with some KFC was set out before us. It was precious. After we all sat down, and the guys got our drinks, Jeremy told us girls that the guys had gone through our favorite things lists (something we filled out at the beginning of the summer) and that most of us had said our favorite fast food was chik fil a... and so they wanted to do something special for us to let us know how much they appreciate us. He even said that it was convenient that we all picked Christian Chicken, but that they were fully prepared to go out and find all of our favorites.
Then we were informed that after dinner, the guys had rented a movie for us all to watch. So we ate our meal, laughed and talked, and then sat together as a staff and watched, "The Little Mermaid"!!! Anyone who has worked camp with me knows that Ariel's song, "Part of that World" is my 'go to' song whenever I find myself alone on an empty fuge stage. I cant help it. You can't even begin to imagine how wonderful it was to sit around singing Disney songs with my staff. Last night was definitely one of my favorite Fuge moments... in all 5 summers that I've worked. It was nice to be appreciated and cared for and it was nice to be able to spend time with people that are quickly becoming like family.
The guys on my staff are amazing. They're funny, godly men who are excited about serving the Lord with everything they are this summer. I cant wait to see how He uses them to grow His Kingdom and change the lives of students.
Yay for the Carson Newman Fuge Guys!
although on a staff like ours, there wasnt a non-singer in the bunch!
watch and you'll see. Someday I'll be, part of that world!

1 Comments:
Molly, I'm super jealous of your way fun staff but I'm glad you and Whitney are partying up!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home