Georgia on My Mind
So...........
In the storage closet, we found all sorts of things that FD's of the past have used to make the Carson Newman Fuge Store a flippin sweet place to hangout. One thing would be this one hat stand that uses big heads to display the merchandise. It's pretty much amazing... but slightly creepy. I opted not to use it in the store.
My friend Whitney is a bit jumpy, and so I decided to bring one of the heads out of storage to hangout with me this week, and mostly I just wanted to freak Whitney out. I named the head, Georgia. She's really nice and adapting well to the team.


This is what sleep deprivation and sun exposure can do to people late at night. Don't hate.
Also, aside from Georgia joining the staff as our special teamer, I'll also give you a little insight into the humble abode that is our staff office...

This is our sweet wall decoration that Whitney and Courtney worked super hard on. Our theme this summer is called "Move" and so that's what we're all doing. I'm apparently dancing on the hills. They're probably alive with the sound of music.
And then here's some of us hanging out before Bible study training or a meeting.
Kevin (one of our Bible study leaders and video guy) and Ryan (our camp pastor) watching something funny and really interesting.
Seth, our worship leader and me hanging out and pretty much being awesome
. I look like a freak in this picture.
Perhaps its because I look soooooo tired.
In the storage closet, we found all sorts of things that FD's of the past have used to make the Carson Newman Fuge Store a flippin sweet place to hangout. One thing would be this one hat stand that uses big heads to display the merchandise. It's pretty much amazing... but slightly creepy. I opted not to use it in the store.
My friend Whitney is a bit jumpy, and so I decided to bring one of the heads out of storage to hangout with me this week, and mostly I just wanted to freak Whitney out. I named the head, Georgia. She's really nice and adapting well to the team.
This is what sleep deprivation and sun exposure can do to people late at night. Don't hate.
Also, aside from Georgia joining the staff as our special teamer, I'll also give you a little insight into the humble abode that is our staff office...
And then here's some of us hanging out before Bible study training or a meeting.
. I look like a freak in this picture.
Perhaps its because I look soooooo tired.
I really do have the best job on the planet.
I can't wait until Monday when churches get here.
Today I went with our missions mobilizer to her mission sites so she could introduce herself to her contact people. We went to the local boys and girls club and while she was talking to some of the people that work there, I got to sit down with two little boys who told me all about the books they were reading. It was precious. One of them turned to me and said, "Who are you looking for? Ms. Theresa? She's not here, but you can stay here with me and I'll share my book until she gets back." He was adorable. I hope I get to go back and visit Courtney's site again. I have been so impressed and so humbled by her love for missions and for the nations. With a heart like hers leading our staff in the area of missions, it's hard not to get excited about having a global perspective and reaching the world for Christ.
Tomorrow we've got another busy day ahead, but then Thursday is our day off. I can't stinkin wait to sleep in! Then, Friday, saturday, and sunday we're doing run throughs and dress rehearsals. Pray for us... those are always long days.
I need to go to sleep now but first, in case you were wondering, or wanted to love me:
Carson Newman College
Centrifuge Camp
Attn. Molly Bostelman- Financial Director
2130 Branner Avenue
Jefferson City, TN 37760
I mean, I'm just sayin.
The summers are long.
Encourage me, people, encourage me. :)
I can't wait until Monday when churches get here.
Today I went with our missions mobilizer to her mission sites so she could introduce herself to her contact people. We went to the local boys and girls club and while she was talking to some of the people that work there, I got to sit down with two little boys who told me all about the books they were reading. It was precious. One of them turned to me and said, "Who are you looking for? Ms. Theresa? She's not here, but you can stay here with me and I'll share my book until she gets back." He was adorable. I hope I get to go back and visit Courtney's site again. I have been so impressed and so humbled by her love for missions and for the nations. With a heart like hers leading our staff in the area of missions, it's hard not to get excited about having a global perspective and reaching the world for Christ.
Tomorrow we've got another busy day ahead, but then Thursday is our day off. I can't stinkin wait to sleep in! Then, Friday, saturday, and sunday we're doing run throughs and dress rehearsals. Pray for us... those are always long days.
I need to go to sleep now but first, in case you were wondering, or wanted to love me:
Carson Newman College
Centrifuge Camp
Attn. Molly Bostelman- Financial Director
2130 Branner Avenue
Jefferson City, TN 37760
I mean, I'm just sayin.
The summers are long.
Encourage me, people, encourage me. :)

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home