My Photo
Name:
Location: Atlanta, Georgia

A graduate of Dallas Theological Seminary, who can't seem to stay in one place for more than a hot second. A lover of God and of people, laughter, good conversations with good friends, writing, music, student ministry, hope, and learning new things. This blog is about my life, and a place for my ramblings, as I seek God's will for my life, and strive to love others more than myself.

Friday, June 26, 2009

and yes...

I was devastated to hear of Michael Jackson's passing, because we all know how much I loved him. I knew something was up when my phone started blowing up during our pre-worship meeting with missed calls and text messages. I may have cried. I work with some amazing people, but they just don't understand my love of all things MJ.

BUT... as we sang in worship last night about God's glory going beyond all fame, it kind of put things into perspective pretty quickly, especially as I sat in the balcony and looked down on 300 and something teenagers, many of whom still don't really get the big picture. This life is precious, unpredictable, complicated, crazy, and completely not ours. As reports are surfacing about a possible drug overdose, my heart is sad at the emptiness so many people must feel, and it spurs me on to live a life that matters, a life that doesn't seek fame or self gratification, but one of love.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home