Here We Go...
Today was our first day of our first week of camp and it went exceptionally well. We have such a small staff that I was worried that we'd be spread too thin during registration, but from what I've heard, it sounds like it went well. The past few years, my job has felt super crazy busy.. because I was on the team of putting 800 students into tracks and bible studies (PIT) and sometimes that gets a little hectic. So you can imagine how nice it was to sit back behind my laptop waiting for 8 churches (about 160 people) to arrive so that I could go over financial stuff with them and then send them on to our director Megan.
I was super worried about my job, just because it seemed too easy to be true... but so far I think everything went well.
Opening went really well. There were a few things we need to workout, but nothing that churches probably noticed, and then it seemed like the students came back from their Bible study group time pumped about camp. woohoo! I dont have a Bible study this week, but I do get to be a church group host. I specifically asked for one of the churches here this week because they're from back home and I thought it would be fun to build relationships with them. They are a hilarious bunch of people and within 10 minutes of our time together had already nicknamed me "Motown." I'm excited to get to know them this week.
I'm just excited about camp in general.
way excited.
when those doors opened and students started flooding into the auditorium, I felt like I was home. I love my job.
I was super worried about my job, just because it seemed too easy to be true... but so far I think everything went well.
Opening went really well. There were a few things we need to workout, but nothing that churches probably noticed, and then it seemed like the students came back from their Bible study group time pumped about camp. woohoo! I dont have a Bible study this week, but I do get to be a church group host. I specifically asked for one of the churches here this week because they're from back home and I thought it would be fun to build relationships with them. They are a hilarious bunch of people and within 10 minutes of our time together had already nicknamed me "Motown." I'm excited to get to know them this week.
I'm just excited about camp in general.
way excited.
when those doors opened and students started flooding into the auditorium, I felt like I was home. I love my job.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home