Engagement Fun
This past weekend, Mark and I drove up to Virginia for my second wedding shower. We left after work and rolled up to my parents' at about 1am early Thursday morning. Totally worth it. I LOVE being at home. I miss Virginia, my family, my friends, and my church there, and I hope Mark and I get to move closer someday (it's in my hopeful, 5 year plan... now to get Mark on board).
My niece Ariana pretty much loathes Mark and me, which made for an exceptionally fun weekend with her... except not really. Hopefully it'll get better over time, but we do know we're going to make fun of her so bad when she's older about what a baby she was! Tears galore! It didn't help that she started daycare 2 weeks ago, and so she's absolutely terrified her mom is going to leave her with strangers. It'll get better, but for now we'll work on our FaceTime relationship with her in hopes that next month at the wedding will be a little better.
Friday, Mark and I got some pictures taken by the lovely Becca G Photography in downtown Fredericksburg. Becca was great and so was her helpful little assistant photographer, Noah. He was adorable with his kid-digital camera. Mark and I kissed, and we hear Noah giggle and yell, "Oh yeah! That's what I'm talkin about! Gimme more of that!" His dad says he must have seen that on a movie or something, but it was hilarious. I'm excited about the pictures! Here are a few... all taken by Becca. Please visit her website and check out her work. http://beccagphoto.com/
Saturday was the shower, and it was so wonderful to see my sisters and nieces, my friends from high school, family friends, and ladies from church who have meant a lot to me over the years. I am incredibly blessed by wonderful friends and family. It was a really fun day, for sure. Mark and I drove back to Georgia with a car full of gifts and grateful hearts for all the people who are helping us start our life together.
My niece Ariana pretty much loathes Mark and me, which made for an exceptionally fun weekend with her... except not really. Hopefully it'll get better over time, but we do know we're going to make fun of her so bad when she's older about what a baby she was! Tears galore! It didn't help that she started daycare 2 weeks ago, and so she's absolutely terrified her mom is going to leave her with strangers. It'll get better, but for now we'll work on our FaceTime relationship with her in hopes that next month at the wedding will be a little better.
Friday, Mark and I got some pictures taken by the lovely Becca G Photography in downtown Fredericksburg. Becca was great and so was her helpful little assistant photographer, Noah. He was adorable with his kid-digital camera. Mark and I kissed, and we hear Noah giggle and yell, "Oh yeah! That's what I'm talkin about! Gimme more of that!" His dad says he must have seen that on a movie or something, but it was hilarious. I'm excited about the pictures! Here are a few... all taken by Becca. Please visit her website and check out her work. http://beccagphoto.com/
Saturday was the shower, and it was so wonderful to see my sisters and nieces, my friends from high school, family friends, and ladies from church who have meant a lot to me over the years. I am incredibly blessed by wonderful friends and family. It was a really fun day, for sure. Mark and I drove back to Georgia with a car full of gifts and grateful hearts for all the people who are helping us start our life together.
Sunday we got to go to my home church and worship there before the long drive back to Atlanta. It was so great to see lots of people I haven't seen in awhile, and to go to a church that I love and miss a lot.
In all, the weekend was wonderful and a refreshing break from feeling overwhelmingly, busy trying to juggle work and planning the wedding. It was nice to get away and to spend time with Mark, my family, and close friends back home. Can't wait to see them all again next month!!






0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home