This weekend was so much fun! It was probably my favorite one since moving down here to the good ole state of Georgia!
I waited a long time to have a sweet valentine on Valentine's Day, and so you know I took advantage of that back in February. haha. Just kidding (sort of)! Right around that lovely day for love, Needtobreathe tickets went on sale at the Fox. I LOVE Needtobreathe, so I made sure to inform Mark about the concert... about a hundred times.
Well, that kid didn't disappoint! On Friday, we started the day off heading downtown, to meet up with one of my housemates from Liberty. She was in town to see her sister, whom I also went to college with. It was so great to spend some time catching up with Liz. I feel bad dragging Mark along to my girly coffee dates, but he's great and never complains, and he really likes good coffee, so it wasn't a total loss. It was a great way to spend our Friday afternoon.
Then we went to a fun restaurant for dinner, and then made our way over to the Fox theater. Oh man, that place is beautiful! I was so stinkin excited to be there! Drew Holcomb and the Neighbors opened for NTB, and even though I hadn't ever heard of them, I really enjoyed them. In the intermission between acts, we went out in the lobby and met up with one our friends in the corner. It was packed out, full of people waiting to get merch from Drew Holcomb, and so I was content to hide out in the corner, by the curtain separating us from the auditorium. Well, a couple minutes into our conversation, Drew Holcomb himself, pushed aside the curtain and stood right by us. First, it took me a hot second to realize who he was (hello, I was in hipster, weird dressed people kingdom), then I was happy that Mark and our friend who like Drew Holcomb, got to see him, and our friend Cat got to get her CD signed. Then, I looked up and saw all of those people who had previously been in line for merch were now descending upon us. Um, no thank you. Mark and I peaced outta there quick. I wish we had gotten a picture, I really liked their music, but not enough to get trampled.
Needtobreathe was so good. My face hurt from smiling so much throughout the whole show. They are so stinkin talented. They did most of my favorites, and then they had Drew Holcomb and his band come out and they sang "Stand By Me"... Oh man, it was AWESOME! Youtube that junk. It was so good!
It was such a good day!
Then Saturday we drove down to Macon where Mark was the BCM intern for two years at Mercer. Switchfoot was playing that night at a music festival, and Mark wanted to go and see them, and some of his former students. It was a BEAUTIFUL day. It was fun to meet people Mark had done ministry with, and Switchfoot was super good. Unfortunately, we had to endure some pretty awful music beforehand, but hey, we survived it (just barely).
Fun weekend for sure... and I paid the price (well, Mark paid the price) yesterday, when I woke up tired and grumpy. I was so glad to be in my bed asleep by 9pm last night! I love weekends like that!
I waited a long time to have a sweet valentine on Valentine's Day, and so you know I took advantage of that back in February. haha. Just kidding (sort of)! Right around that lovely day for love, Needtobreathe tickets went on sale at the Fox. I LOVE Needtobreathe, so I made sure to inform Mark about the concert... about a hundred times.
Well, that kid didn't disappoint! On Friday, we started the day off heading downtown, to meet up with one of my housemates from Liberty. She was in town to see her sister, whom I also went to college with. It was so great to spend some time catching up with Liz. I feel bad dragging Mark along to my girly coffee dates, but he's great and never complains, and he really likes good coffee, so it wasn't a total loss. It was a great way to spend our Friday afternoon.
Then we went to a fun restaurant for dinner, and then made our way over to the Fox theater. Oh man, that place is beautiful! I was so stinkin excited to be there! Drew Holcomb and the Neighbors opened for NTB, and even though I hadn't ever heard of them, I really enjoyed them. In the intermission between acts, we went out in the lobby and met up with one our friends in the corner. It was packed out, full of people waiting to get merch from Drew Holcomb, and so I was content to hide out in the corner, by the curtain separating us from the auditorium. Well, a couple minutes into our conversation, Drew Holcomb himself, pushed aside the curtain and stood right by us. First, it took me a hot second to realize who he was (hello, I was in hipster, weird dressed people kingdom), then I was happy that Mark and our friend who like Drew Holcomb, got to see him, and our friend Cat got to get her CD signed. Then, I looked up and saw all of those people who had previously been in line for merch were now descending upon us. Um, no thank you. Mark and I peaced outta there quick. I wish we had gotten a picture, I really liked their music, but not enough to get trampled.
Needtobreathe was so good. My face hurt from smiling so much throughout the whole show. They are so stinkin talented. They did most of my favorites, and then they had Drew Holcomb and his band come out and they sang "Stand By Me"... Oh man, it was AWESOME! Youtube that junk. It was so good!
It was such a good day!
Then Saturday we drove down to Macon where Mark was the BCM intern for two years at Mercer. Switchfoot was playing that night at a music festival, and Mark wanted to go and see them, and some of his former students. It was a BEAUTIFUL day. It was fun to meet people Mark had done ministry with, and Switchfoot was super good. Unfortunately, we had to endure some pretty awful music beforehand, but hey, we survived it (just barely).
Fun weekend for sure... and I paid the price (well, Mark paid the price) yesterday, when I woke up tired and grumpy. I was so glad to be in my bed asleep by 9pm last night! I love weekends like that!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home