mush.
What a crazy last two months this has been. Good crazy, though... the best actually.
Last week I packed up some of my clothes in my faithful red honda, and headed for Atlanta. This time, it was to start phase 1 of moving here. On Monday, I started a new part time job at the church Mark's mom works for, that will help give me some income while I look for a full-time job and a place to live. It's much easier to job search while I'm here, rather than at home far away from where I'm looking. Plus it's great to be close to Mark, and to continue getting to know his family. I'm going home in a few weeks to get the rest of my stuff there, and hopefully I'll have a job by then too! Hello health insurance, I need you.
I can't believe I moved to Atlanta for a boy. I can't believe I moved here for a boy I've only been dating two months... but I also can't believe what a peace and excitement I have about it all. I've never been happier, and I'm so excited about Mark and our future together. He's just great. He's perfect for me, and it just didn't make sense being in Virginia while he's here. It didn't make sense to look for jobs at home, when I wanted to be close to him. So here I am... sitting in Starbucks, while he works (here at Starbucks). I'm here because, well, he's my only friend (well, him and his sweet mom) in this town, and because I think he's cute in his green Starbucks apron.
Last weekend we went to not one, but TWO weddings in TWO DIFFERENT STATES! I drove down Thursday, and then Friday night we left to head to Ridgecrest, NC (where we worked this summer) for two of our friends' wedding. Matt was our director this summer, and Matt and Lee Anne met and worked with Mark the summer before at Ridgecrest. Fuge weddings are super fun. It's the greatest family reunion. I didn't know many people on his team from the summer before, but it was so great to see friends from our team this past summer. We did A LOT of driving, but it was through the beautiful mountains, and I was with my boo, so I didn't mind at all.
After the Fuge reunion, we drove from NC to Chattanooga to celebrate Jon and Mandi. It was wonderful to see the Chattanooga crew, and introduce them to Mark. The wedding was beautiful. I was exhausted by the time we got back to Mark's parents' that night, but it was such a happy weekend.
Life is good. I miss my family (especially my cute niece Ariana!), and my second family back home, but lets be honest, we all knew I probably wouldn't be in Stafford for too long. Excited for a new chapter!
Here are some highlights from the last few weeks:
Last week I packed up some of my clothes in my faithful red honda, and headed for Atlanta. This time, it was to start phase 1 of moving here. On Monday, I started a new part time job at the church Mark's mom works for, that will help give me some income while I look for a full-time job and a place to live. It's much easier to job search while I'm here, rather than at home far away from where I'm looking. Plus it's great to be close to Mark, and to continue getting to know his family. I'm going home in a few weeks to get the rest of my stuff there, and hopefully I'll have a job by then too! Hello health insurance, I need you.
I can't believe I moved to Atlanta for a boy. I can't believe I moved here for a boy I've only been dating two months... but I also can't believe what a peace and excitement I have about it all. I've never been happier, and I'm so excited about Mark and our future together. He's just great. He's perfect for me, and it just didn't make sense being in Virginia while he's here. It didn't make sense to look for jobs at home, when I wanted to be close to him. So here I am... sitting in Starbucks, while he works (here at Starbucks). I'm here because, well, he's my only friend (well, him and his sweet mom) in this town, and because I think he's cute in his green Starbucks apron.
Last weekend we went to not one, but TWO weddings in TWO DIFFERENT STATES! I drove down Thursday, and then Friday night we left to head to Ridgecrest, NC (where we worked this summer) for two of our friends' wedding. Matt was our director this summer, and Matt and Lee Anne met and worked with Mark the summer before at Ridgecrest. Fuge weddings are super fun. It's the greatest family reunion. I didn't know many people on his team from the summer before, but it was so great to see friends from our team this past summer. We did A LOT of driving, but it was through the beautiful mountains, and I was with my boo, so I didn't mind at all.
After the Fuge reunion, we drove from NC to Chattanooga to celebrate Jon and Mandi. It was wonderful to see the Chattanooga crew, and introduce them to Mark. The wedding was beautiful. I was exhausted by the time we got back to Mark's parents' that night, but it was such a happy weekend.
Life is good. I miss my family (especially my cute niece Ariana!), and my second family back home, but lets be honest, we all knew I probably wouldn't be in Stafford for too long. Excited for a new chapter!
Here are some highlights from the last few weeks:
Erin and me before her wedding ceremonies.
Erin was my college roommate
Round 1: Traditional Hindu Ceremony
Round 2: Traditional Christian Ceremony
Leigh Anne, Erin, and me
My two college roommates, and wonderful friends
I mean, is this kid serious?!
Noah at one of his games. He is serious about baseball, and super cute too!
Stayed with Stacy and B's girls while she was having surgery,
and this is the kind of craziness I endured all week!
BUT when Stacy got home, I got plenty of snuggle time with this little man.
Jackson is the cutest!!
Hanging out at the outlook with the girls before Matt's wedding!
Some of the 2012 Ridgecrest team!
In Chattanooga for Mandi's wedding!
Yay for my Chattanooga family!
Sure do love this kid!


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home