My Photo
Name:
Location: Atlanta, Georgia

A graduate of Dallas Theological Seminary, who can't seem to stay in one place for more than a hot second. A lover of God and of people, laughter, good conversations with good friends, writing, music, student ministry, hope, and learning new things. This blog is about my life, and a place for my ramblings, as I seek God's will for my life, and strive to love others more than myself.

Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Oh man, life has been crazy, and I have become terrible at updating my blog.  Forgive me, the two or three of you who might still read this thing.  I know you've been waiting on the edge of your seat for a life update from Molly.

I had a great (sometimes exhausting and tough) summer at Ridgecrest working Fuge.  I saw the Lord move in mighty ways, lives were changed, and He was worshipped.  Camp was exhausting and being on leadership at Fuge's largest location was occasionally really overwhelming, but it forced to me to turn to the Lord and really place my trust in Him to get me through.  By week 2, we were all so tired because of the new schedule Fuge had us working (for a lot of different reasons), that really, if anything good happened, we knew it was because God had moved despite our inadequacies.  I really have never had to rely on Him more than I did this summer, and yes, while it was hard, I'm grateful to have had a summer of such dependency on God to get me through.  I learned a lot, and I feel like my faith is stronger because of my two months in North Carolina.  It was a good summer.

I made a lot of great friends this summer, laughed a lot, saw some bears, climbed a mountain (which I might add was a lot easier at 29 than it was for me as a chubby 17 year old camper) a bunch of times, and got to wear hoodies in July while the rest of America sweat their booties off.  While I didn't expect to even be working another summer of camp, I'm so glad the Lord allowed me another opportunity.


 This is what 1000+ people gathering together after Mega Relay looks like!



 Katelin and me always brought the sass to Mega!


 Duckface!


 Indoor Registration Crew!


 Alex and Steve came to special team with Lucas and me our last week of camp!
It was so great to have my brothers there.  Felt like home!


 Morning Glory Crew
We'd go to breakfast early every registration day before camp started
Rachel, Mark, Matt, and me


 Were we not the most beautiful staff?!
 Ridgecrest Fuge Staff 2012

Oh yeah...

I also met an amazing guy at camp this summer.  He was a great friend to me during the summer but the Lord had something even better in mind for us after camp ended.  So, Mark is now my boo.  He lives in Atlanta, but we're making it work.  He's wonderful, and so great to me, and I've never been happier.  Definitely a huge blessing and gift from the Lord.  I'm excited to see what the future holds for us.  

He's great.



1 Comments:

Blogger leslie said...

FIRST COMMENT on your love post. Typical...I love you, Molly. And I'm so glad you had a wonderful summer. So excited to see what happens in the future with camp and love and life!

So glad you're my friend!

August 29, 2012 at 6:08 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home