My Photo
Name:
Location: Atlanta, Georgia

A graduate of Dallas Theological Seminary, who can't seem to stay in one place for more than a hot second. A lover of God and of people, laughter, good conversations with good friends, writing, music, student ministry, hope, and learning new things. This blog is about my life, and a place for my ramblings, as I seek God's will for my life, and strive to love others more than myself.

Thursday, August 1, 2013

A Few Observations and Statements of Opinion Concerning My Wedding Planning...

1. I am absolutely confused as to why some people are engaged for 12+ months.  It does NOT take 12 months to make some phone calls and meet with people to plan a wedding.

2. Unless of course you're having to save up cash money to pay for it yourself.  Weddings are stinkin expensive.  I'm so grateful for my parents, and already praying I don't have daughters.

3. Caterers are the biggest ripper-off-ers ever.  It's ALL their fault that making the guest list is so stinkin painful.

4. Sometimes I think I'm crazy for planning a wedding in 3 1/2 months.... however, I cannot imagine any longer than that being devoted to planning out every.single.detail. for ONE DAY in my life.  Seriously, the whole commercialized concept of a wedding today is crazy.  Do you guys REALLY want some bubbles or a cookie cutter or some other favor thing sitting at your place at the reception?  Let's be honest, it's going to go in the backseat of your car as soon as you get there, it'll roll around there for a month or two before you or the movement of the car tosses it onto the floor where it's lost forever.

5.  No one warned me that the day I went to try on wedding dresses would be slightly traumatic.  I mean, most of my doctors up to this point in my life haven't even gotten THAT up close and personal.  There are SOME things in this world I don't need help with, so please get your hands off me.  Thank you!

6.  Speaking of wedding dresses... 1 night, 7 dresses tried on = dress bought AND it was on sale.  Was that so difficult?!  These girls on Say Yes to the Dress are NUTS.  Also, bringing my one bridesmaid that is local, and not a million opinions was the best wedding planning decision I've made thus far.  Despite the feel up by my bridal consultant, Allison and I had a great time.  She cried like a baby.. it was weird. ;)

7. Do you have any idea how many juicers there are in this world?  Do you know how many types of tupperware and storage containers there are?!  A lot.

8.  Mark and I went and registered first at Bed Bath & Beyond and when we did, we got set up with a registry consultant... but as we started out, he had total control of the scanner and he was taking the time to explain every single detail of the things we were looking for.  Um, have you ever been to Bed Bath & Beyond?? It's huge right?  Yeah well it's even bigger when you can't just cruise past giant chunks of the store.  Almost two hours in, and we were only half way around that place!  Don't worry though.. we ditched the sales guy and asked for the scanner thingy, and we did most of the registering ourselves.  I'm sorry, but I'm not about having a total stranger stand there and witness Mark and me as we argue over what kind of waffle iron we want.

9.  Wanna feel like a special person though?  Pretend like you're going to register for your wedding.  These stores recognize that you and your fiance are going to be bringing business into their store, and so they treat you very well.

10.  I am a girl.  Mark is a boy.  How the hey diddle diddle are we supposed to compromise on picking out a bedspread?

That's all for now.  But I leave you with this gem:

www.theknot.com/wedding/molly-and-mark



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home