My Photo
Name:
Location: Atlanta, Georgia

A graduate of Dallas Theological Seminary, who can't seem to stay in one place for more than a hot second. A lover of God and of people, laughter, good conversations with good friends, writing, music, student ministry, hope, and learning new things. This blog is about my life, and a place for my ramblings, as I seek God's will for my life, and strive to love others more than myself.

Thursday, November 11, 2010

Philippians 4 and Gmail

Today, I had to sign out of my gmail account at work, and sign into it on the youth admin's computer so she could upload some email addresses into my contacts.. because my macbook is going a little crazy these days, this was the easiest solution.

So, I finished an email on my mac, sent it, and signed out, and hopped on to Stephanie's computer.

When Stephanie and I signed into my gmail on her computer, as soon as we got to my mail page, it wasn't my normal inbox, but there was an email draft opened, and in the body was part of Philippians 4. I have no idea what that would have been from, and I certainly can't remember when I would have been working on sending an email containing excerpts from Philippians 4. It was so random.

A message from God, perhaps?

I decided to go back to my desk after Stephanie and I had finished doing what we needed to do in adding my contacts, and check it out. I've been spending a lot of time the last 6 months or so in Philippians, so I was pretty aware of what it said, but I was encouraged and convicted by it again today, nonetheless.

4-7 "Rejoice in the Lord always; again I say rejoice! Let your gentle spirit be known to all men. The Lord is near. Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God which surpasses all comprehension, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."

8-9 "Finally, brethren, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is of good repute, if there is any excellence and if anything worthy of praise, dwell on these things. The things you have learned and received and heard and seen in me, practice these things, and the God of peace will be with you."

In light of the reminder I received from the Holy Spirit yesterday, regarding how much I worry and stress, I feel like this was such a good place to turn. I can tell myself to "stop worrying" but that's so much easier said than done. Yesterday, I needed that stern talking to from God to just "stop" being a control freak in the moment. He knew the likelihood of me stopping in the midst of the busyness was slim, so in His grace, He got His message through loud in clear, in a moment as mundane as washing grapes... but today, He brought me back to the problem, and in refusing to allow me wallow in that sin, He pointed me to the "how" of continuing that sanctification process, and fighting that war against worry.

My heart was changed instantaneously the day I received Grace... and now, with the continual presence of the Holy Spirit in my life.... He wants more. He wants more than my heart, God wants my life. In my everyday, He wants me to seek Him, to see Him in the big and small things going on in my life. To worship Him in all things. To be present...

rejoice in the lord always.
the peace of God will guard your hearts.
the God of peace will be with you.
the Lord is near...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home