My Photo
Name:
Location: Atlanta, Georgia

A graduate of Dallas Theological Seminary, who can't seem to stay in one place for more than a hot second. A lover of God and of people, laughter, good conversations with good friends, writing, music, student ministry, hope, and learning new things. This blog is about my life, and a place for my ramblings, as I seek God's will for my life, and strive to love others more than myself.

Sunday, November 7, 2010

November 5 and 6

Well, yesterday, my parents and I had dinner with these guys:



And this lovely young lady:


Who is the fiance of this guy:


And I was thankful for them.

First of all, they made for a really fun dinner... but if we're talking bigger picture, these people are some of the best friends a Molly could ever ask for. I met these guys in 2009, when we worked Fuge together, and now they're some of my very best friends.
*1 of them is the kind of friend that challenges me to think, and to know why I believe what I do... mostly because he likes to argue, and I know if I don't have a response, he'll never let me hear the end of it. Plus he's bald and scary.. so I've gotta be on top of my game with him. I think he thinks it's "tough love." Whatever it's called, I love him for it.
*1 of them shows me how to love unconditionally, and without judgment. He is who he is, and makes no apologies for it. I so wish that I had that kind of courage, to know where I find my identity in, and to live fearlessly because of it.
*1 of them has so selflessly loved me, even when she didn't even know me that well. She has gone out of her way to make sure I've felt loved and cared for in this new transition, and has made me laugh so stinkin much. She's a wonderful friend, and I'm so glad she's a part of my life.
*1 of them, I have the kind of friendship that's just easy. He makes me laugh so stinkin much. We like a lot of the same things, so it's never lame to just hangout together. He's encouraged me so much, to help me gain more confidence in music, and he often plays and sings Shane and Shane for me, which makes me very happy... and he's been such a loyal friend since the beginning.
*and last but not least, 1 of them is the most genuine and loyal person I know. His love for others is so evident even after spending just a hot second with him. He's incredibly talented and hilarious, caring, trustworthy. He makes bad days a million times better. He sings pop music from the 90s with you at the top of his lungs, and he likes the color yellow, and Beauty and the Beast, and takes you to the hospital in the middle of the night when you find yourself in a place where you only know two girls who are either sleeping or have an out of town guest sleeping in their room. He's a rockstar.

They're good people... and so for November 5th, I was thankful for Drew, Steve, Seth, Alex and the wonderful Rebecca.

November 6th...

I am grateful for an extra hour of sleep. I am tired, and I have never loved Day Light Savings more. :)

Goodnight kids.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home