My Photo
Name:
Location: Atlanta, Georgia

A graduate of Dallas Theological Seminary, who can't seem to stay in one place for more than a hot second. A lover of God and of people, laughter, good conversations with good friends, writing, music, student ministry, hope, and learning new things. This blog is about my life, and a place for my ramblings, as I seek God's will for my life, and strive to love others more than myself.

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Apartment

So, as I kind of mentioned, last week was a rough week. One of the things that caused my coping skills to be non-existent, was the search for an apartment. The place I really wanted to live, even if it was kind of expensive, ended up giving the apartment they told me about to someone else, and then they were really rude and made me cry, blah blah blah. I knew I was going out of town this past weekend, I knew that I needed to be out of the church's house by the end of the month, so I was running out of time. So I got online, wrote down some numbers, called to check availability, and then got in my car and drove. I put a deposit down on an apartment that was nice enough, but still I wasn't excited about it at all. I called my mom on the way back to work and cried.

Remember, coping skills were gone.
I was tired.
I was worried about money and where I would live.
I was beginning to feel lonely and homesick.
Coping skills- gone.

BUT this weekend, one of Laura's bridesmaids, Courtney and I were able to talk. She's from Chattanooga but recently moved to Georgia. She was so encouraging, as she told me about different girls my age in town that she wanted me to meet, so I'd have community, AND THEN she told me her old roommate was still looking for someone to take over Courtney's place in the apartment.

The apartment is further away from work, but hello, living in Northern Virginia, anything under 3o minutes is nothing. BUT on the plus side, its closer to all my friends from camp. It's in a MUCH nicer complex, in a much nicer part of town, and I'd have a roommate, so my rent will be at least a hundred bucks less, and I wont be alone all the time.

PRAISE THE LORD!

I talked to this girl yesterday. Her name is Bethany, and she sounds really nice. The other apartment complex is refunding my deposit. And I'll move in sometime next week... which means my mom is coming down with my bed and some of my other stuff, and I'll get to see her. I'm so relieved that all this is working out. I was starting to freak out about all this.

Yesterday, was a good day.

2 Comments:

Blogger Becca said...

Aw! Sorry you had a bad day Molly! God always works things out! Glad you won't be all by yourself in an apartment anyways!

We miss you too!

October 19, 2010 at 7:00 PM  
Blogger stance. said...

yay! i'm so glad God worked all that out :) AND getting the deposit refunded?? hello, that rocks.

October 20, 2010 at 11:30 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home