My Photo
Name:
Location: Atlanta, Georgia

A graduate of Dallas Theological Seminary, who can't seem to stay in one place for more than a hot second. A lover of God and of people, laughter, good conversations with good friends, writing, music, student ministry, hope, and learning new things. This blog is about my life, and a place for my ramblings, as I seek God's will for my life, and strive to love others more than myself.

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Afghanistan Schmanistan




Found out today that Jess is leaving for Afghanistan on Friday.

This isn't a surprise, it's just lame that we're here again, and I've got to say goodbye to one of my best friends as she heads off for deployment. A whole year... I guess it's better than the year and a half she was in Iraq, and I'm so grateful that she'll have her husband Rick with her this time around too.

Praying that the Lord would keep her and Rick in His protective hands, and that when Jessica feels homesick, or if she finds herself in a particularly scary situation, that the peace of God would overwhelm her. Praying that he would use her to love others and to share Christ's love in an incredibly dark place... that the soldiers she leads and the people she encounters would know that there's something different about her because of how they see Christ at work in her and through her. I'm praying that this time passes quickly... so quickly, and that Jess is home safe and sound before we know it.

How sad.
But I'm so proud of her courage and determination to do the things she's called to do.
However, I sure am going to miss her, and worry about her while she's gone.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home