My Photo
Name:
Location: Atlanta, Georgia

A graduate of Dallas Theological Seminary, who can't seem to stay in one place for more than a hot second. A lover of God and of people, laughter, good conversations with good friends, writing, music, student ministry, hope, and learning new things. This blog is about my life, and a place for my ramblings, as I seek God's will for my life, and strive to love others more than myself.

Monday, November 22, 2010

Dove Chocolate is LAME

Ok, can I just put this out there??
Of course I can, because it's my blog.

Dove chocolate. It tastes so good. I love it.

BUT.

When I am having a blah day, and need to consume large amounts of chocolate to self-medicate, the last thing I want to do is read some happy go lucky cheesy saying inside the wrapper of said medication of choice.

Can I get an amen?

"Believe in love at first sight, just in case."
Barf
"Shoe shopping therapy"
Seriously?
"Create a little controversy."
Ok, I'll get right on that one.

I mean, I'm not having a bad day at all. I'm self-medicating with chocolate because, well, its in my desk drawer and it was audibly calling my name. I couldn't ignore it. I just started thinking that if I'm having a good day and that mess is annoying, God help the piece of dove chocolate with the lame saying on the wrapper that I find on one of my bad days.


1 Comments:

Blogger Melinda said...

I avoid Dove choc. for that very reason and instead opt for whatever expensive organic very very dark choc. I can find. Good b/c: a) no cheesy sayings b) more expensive so I don't buy as much c) I only take tiny bites b/c it is expensive d) the darker the choc. the less I need. But if you stick with Dove I think you should use the wrappers to create a piece of art to hang in your office to use as a convo starter with kids.

November 22, 2010 at 4:12 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home