My Photo
Name:
Location: Atlanta, Georgia

A graduate of Dallas Theological Seminary, who can't seem to stay in one place for more than a hot second. A lover of God and of people, laughter, good conversations with good friends, writing, music, student ministry, hope, and learning new things. This blog is about my life, and a place for my ramblings, as I seek God's will for my life, and strive to love others more than myself.

Thursday, April 15, 2010

Roadtrip!

I really should be sleeping, but since I haven't really been doing that much these days, I figured I'd write a blog!

In about 5 1/2 hours, my friends Erin, Allison, and I will be piling into Erin's silver volvo and making our way to the great state of Texas! Erin, who has been our middle school minister the last 2 years is moving back home, to be closer to her family and friends in Dallas. I'm crazy CRAZY sad to see her go, but I'm happy for her, because I know she's really missed home.

It's funny... I applied for Erin's job back 2008, and so when I moved home, and Erin got the job that I wanted, I really didn't want to be her friend. I knew it wasn't her fault, and I knew that that job just wasn't what the Lord had in mind, but it was still a disappointment, and it just made me feel better to be a punk about it. Now, I look back on these last 2 years and I see the friend Erin's been to me, and I'm so incredibly grateful that the Lord brought her here. She's been such an amazing friend and sister in Christ. She's been such a consistent support and encouragement, during some rough days, and I'm so thankful I got to be her friend these last 2 years.

Our friend Allison is also moving away once she and I return to Virginia on Tuesday. She too has been such a constant support and encouragement. I'm going to be so sad to say goodbye to these 2 amazingly wonderful friends. I'm so thankful we're driving to Texas together, and so looking forward to the time we spend hanging out in Dallas. It's going to be a fun, last hoorah!

You should see Erin's car though. That joker is PACKED! :)

While I'm in Dallas, I'm also going to get to see my seminary friends in both Nashville and in Dallas, as well as some camp friends and I stinkin cant wait. There are going to be some sweet reunions these next few days!

Please pray for us as we travel. Pray for me... as I've really been struggling with some things lately that have been causing anxiety and insomnia, as well as a not so pleasant attitude. I want to be happy and have fun in Dallas, and not sad or stressed out....I'll think about that stuff when I get home!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home