This weekend.
This weekend I'm heading to Lynchburg to lead worship with my friends, the Seth Medley Band. They were our band at camp last summer, and I'm singing with them at camp this summer. I'm super excited to see everyone! We're leading for the Virginia Baptist Convention's Senior High Weekend retreat, so Baptist churches from all over the state are bringing their high schoolers for the weekend. We know of a couple churches we met at camp last summer, who will be attending.. so that will be fun too.
The speaker at the retreat is Michael Kelly.. a lifeway guy. Its kind of strange... a few years ago I got a link to a blog from a camp friend, with a prayer request for a little boy fighting leukemia. That was like, 4 years ago at least, and I've been praying faithfully for this little guy named Josh ever since. I even cried when I read the post that his cancer was officially in remission and on his last day of chemo. Josh is Michael's son. We've also done a bunch of Michael's curriculum in my Sunday school class and he was an editor over the curriculum I wrote last year.
I'm going to try not to act like a goober, but Im looking forward to meeting him.
Pray for us this weekend and for the students attending the retreat. I'm excited to see how the Lord moves.
The speaker at the retreat is Michael Kelly.. a lifeway guy. Its kind of strange... a few years ago I got a link to a blog from a camp friend, with a prayer request for a little boy fighting leukemia. That was like, 4 years ago at least, and I've been praying faithfully for this little guy named Josh ever since. I even cried when I read the post that his cancer was officially in remission and on his last day of chemo. Josh is Michael's son. We've also done a bunch of Michael's curriculum in my Sunday school class and he was an editor over the curriculum I wrote last year.
I'm going to try not to act like a goober, but Im looking forward to meeting him.
Pray for us this weekend and for the students attending the retreat. I'm excited to see how the Lord moves.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home