How He Loves Us...
As I looked out over the crowd, students and adults with their arms outstretched singing to a God that they confidently believe loves them, I was humbled and in awe that the Lord would allow me to be a part of that moment. I hate being up in front of people. I hate not feeling confident. and I hate trying new things. Singing with the Seth Medley Band was such a lesson in faith and humility this weekend. I mean, seriously, I shouldn't have been as scared as I was... I was singing harmony on songs I've heard a million times, and the songs I sing lead on, I've heard a bunch too. But, scared is definitely what I was... until I saw the people out in the audience.. until I realized that hello, they're not focused on me, but instead raising their hands in praise to the only One who is worthy.
I also got to see two of my college roommates and their husbands. It was great catching up and meeting Nick and Liz's baby Sophie (who is still snug in her moms tummy for the time being). I also stayed with two of my sweet friends, Meghan and Kelly. Meghan always introduces me as, "This is Molly, my first mentor." :) I love that girl. She and Kelly live in a cute old house near Lynchburg College, and it really seems like such a fun place. Lots of laughter. Even though I left super early in the mornings, and got home late at night and was super tired, I enjoyed the time I did get to spend with them. I love those girls, and I'm always so humbled to see how they're maturing in their faith. They're 2 beautiful women of God, and I'm blessed to call them friends.
It was an exceptionally great weekend... time with the Lord, worshipping Him, ministering to students, laughing with friends, meeting new people, and seeing people I don't get to see very often. God is good, for sure.
It's intimidating to be on the stage, not knowing what I'm doing, and then being surrounded by a bunch of really talented musicians. The best thing about these dear friends of mine though is that their hearts really set them apart. They're not just incredible musicians but they're worship leaders who love the Lord and desire for others to know Him. So as I'm standing in a circle, talking, about to pray before we go on stage, they know how scared I am, and even though they don't get why I'm scared, they're not only encouraging me... but also reminding me of the big picture: It's not about us. Friday night, my friend Drew who plays the drums, powerfully reminded me as he prayed, of the awesomeness of our God.. He's bigger than my fears.
Saturday night, after an incredible night of worship, the guys played a concert of all their new stuff that's going to be on their soon to be released EP. I sat on the stage as they rehearsed, but nothing really prepared me for the joy I would feel, watching them play their songs, really for one of the first times, for an audience of teenagers. Their lyrics are powerful. It brought me close to tears to see my friends, not only doing something they love, but to see their hearts in the music they wrote. And look people, this isn't just me being a friend, if you know me well, you know I LOVE music, and their music is good! It's going to be on Itunes soon, and I think you should check it out. Seth Medley Band.
I am so grateful that the guys allowed me to come to Lynchburg, to be a part of this weekend. I can't wait for camp! The Lord really has shown me so much this weekend. 1. He's reminded me of just how focused on my self I can be, and how if I'm really going to be in the story of God, I must concede my role as the main character and allow God his rightful place. 2. As He opens doors for me to work and be involved in the lives of others, especially on stage or in leadership, with that comes great responsibility. I know it's an obvious thing, but I just needed to be reminded of the great cloud of witness surrounding me. 3. Sometimes God calls us to do difficult things, but He never sends us alone. This weekend I've been grateful for His presence, His peace... and also Christian sisters in Christ that I could text when I was feeling anxious and ask for prayer. I am so blessed!
I also got to see two of my college roommates and their husbands. It was great catching up and meeting Nick and Liz's baby Sophie (who is still snug in her moms tummy for the time being). I also stayed with two of my sweet friends, Meghan and Kelly. Meghan always introduces me as, "This is Molly, my first mentor." :) I love that girl. She and Kelly live in a cute old house near Lynchburg College, and it really seems like such a fun place. Lots of laughter. Even though I left super early in the mornings, and got home late at night and was super tired, I enjoyed the time I did get to spend with them. I love those girls, and I'm always so humbled to see how they're maturing in their faith. They're 2 beautiful women of God, and I'm blessed to call them friends.
It was an exceptionally great weekend... time with the Lord, worshipping Him, ministering to students, laughing with friends, meeting new people, and seeing people I don't get to see very often. God is good, for sure.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home