My Photo
Name:
Location: Atlanta, Georgia

A graduate of Dallas Theological Seminary, who can't seem to stay in one place for more than a hot second. A lover of God and of people, laughter, good conversations with good friends, writing, music, student ministry, hope, and learning new things. This blog is about my life, and a place for my ramblings, as I seek God's will for my life, and strive to love others more than myself.

Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Sudan update.

Hey there friends. Here are some pictures from our most recent Sudan training. Actually, the pictures where they're laying bricks are from July, while I was away at camp. The pictures where we're framing and shingling the roof are from our training in August.

We're just a little over a month away from our trip and I'm getting super excited! I'm probably going to start a new blog for the trip, and will hopefully be able to get some other people on my team to contribute to it too. If I do, I'll be sure to post that link on here too.

For now, here are some pictures :) This building is a mini-mock model of the much larger structure we're building while we're in Sudan. We used the same instruments and materials, and learned the process. I am DEFINITELY going to need prayer, as my construction skills are lacking for sure!

Stacy, Phil and Todd working hard.

Todd, Bill, and Todd being awesome and making it look so easy!

Mary, laying some of the bricks!

Stacy getting her paint on!

Oh yes, I'm that hardcore.
(You'll notice my hammer is posed to remove a nail that incorrectly nailed into a board.)


Steve, rocking my purple bandanna.. and don't you just love the $1 glasses he hooked us up with? Much better than boring old safety goggles.
I'm so excited to share this experience with one of my favorite people!
Steve's put up with me since I was an annoying teenager.


Nick...making sure I don't take myself too seriously, or else he'll make fun of me. :)

Me, probably whining or making jokes about how I couldn't do something,
or that I was scared of being up high.


Todd, the guy who is going to save me from tears. Seriously the most patient teacher ever!
He was such a blessing as he patiently explained things to me, and did everything he could to keep me from getting overwhelmed as things failed to come naturally to me!

Todd, Kate, Nick, Stacy, Todd, Steve, me, and Mary
Part of our team, the day we finished the shed.
*Not pictured in this last photo (but if you want to pray for us by name):
Buck, Andy, Phil, and Bill

Let the countdown begin!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home