My Photo
Name:
Location: Atlanta, Georgia

A graduate of Dallas Theological Seminary, who can't seem to stay in one place for more than a hot second. A lover of God and of people, laughter, good conversations with good friends, writing, music, student ministry, hope, and learning new things. This blog is about my life, and a place for my ramblings, as I seek God's will for my life, and strive to love others more than myself.

Sunday, August 16, 2009

Keep Your Coins.. I Want Change.

Today has been a great day. It was so nice to be back at my home church for the first time in months and to see people that have become like family to me since I started attending there back in high school... 12 stinkin years ago! At the end of the service a guy (in his early twenties, maybe) came up and shared how he became a Christian last fall while he was in jail and about everything he went through that led him to that place in life, and now how he has since started going to Liberty (on a full-ride scholarship they offered after they heard his story), and even led his dad to Christ... it might not sound powerful in my one sentence description of his story in my blog, but it certainly was. Only Christ can change a person the way that this guy had been changed.

Only Christ can change a person the way that I've been changed, the way that you've been changed.
It's simple, but often I forget that and try to do things on my own... try to change who I am, because I know what I see isn't a reflection of Christ. How ridiculous I am, to realize that I'm not living Christlike, and then to turn to myself, rather than to the One I'm trying to live like. Then, when I fail, that changing process seems hopeless. I know that's only because I haven't been relying on Him through it all. This morning was a good reminder of who God is in each of us, and humbling as I realized how much I limit God with my small view of Him. Shame on me.

Simple message, I know... but definitely one of those things I needed to be reminded of.

So, my car is still stuffed full of all my camp junk. ooops. I've been home since Tuesday. It's just too dang hot to unload my car AND my room is packed full of crap already. You may not know this about me, but I'm a little bit of a packrat. I mean, you never know when you'll need those college papers right?! I leave for Ohio with my mom on Tuesday to see our family, so I should probably get moving on the whole organizing my life situation.

Please be praying for me, as I think I'm slowly making decisions about the future and what I'm going to do next, because I definitely need to be doing something!

AND.. last night I got to go to see my friends' band play down in Fredericksburg. Dude, there were a lot more people there than last time, which was awesome. Unfortunately, it was definitely Fredericksburg's finest in attendance. Me in my red cardigan had way too much color on for this crowd who rocks the all black look. I think I looked hilarious amongst the crowd. BUT hey, the guys in Ill Angelic were awesome. My camera (and my photography skills stink) so I didn't really get many pictures. But here's a few..

Jon, looking oh so hardcore.


If the goofy lights werent so ridiculous, and the bar so stinkin smoky,
then perhaps a real picture might be possible.


But I had my partner in crime with me...
So it was a good night.
I always love going to Ill Angelic shows.
It makes me happy to see my friends doing what they love.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home