The Big D!!!
Pictures from Nashville...
My friend Laura and me... who I stayed with in Nashville
Stacy and me... Sadly we didnt get to hangout too much while
I was in Nashville, but we still had fun.
It was great to see her and Lance.
Texas...
Woohoo! I made it to TEXAS! I'm actually really excited to be here, which is surprising, given the fact that I was so incredibly ready to leave this place when I moved away last May.
First though, my visit to Memphis was great, even if it was a quick one. Blake and Joy were so much fun to catch up with. We played games with some of their friends, and just laughed a lot. I loved it. I miss them a lot so it was so nice to spend time with them. I got to see my friend Rob briefly at Starbucks before i headed out of town Thursday and really enjoyed that time too. Rob is one of my favorite people, because he can make you laugh when you least expect it. That kid is funny. Memphis was a great stop on my roadtrip of Friendship......... yes, that's what I'll call it.
Anyway, I left Memphis on Thursday morning and headed down to New Boston for Kim's wedding. The drive was only supposed to be about 4 1/2 hours, but because of a really bad accident and a horrendous downpour, the trip took a little longer than expected. I should have taken a picture of my trucker friend that I met while I was in park on the interstate, but thought he might not like to make his world debut in my blog. He was a nice American though. The rain however, was awful. I probably should have pulled over and let the weather pass, but I was dumb, and didn't. I'm thankful I made it okay.
What a sweet reunion it was! Kim and I worked Fuge together in 06 and then lived about 10 minutes away from one another in Dallas while I was in seminary. Her next door neighbor and friend from college, Lauren and I became immediate friends as well. Those 2 helped make my time in Dallas some of the best years of my life. I treasure their friendship and and grateful for the ways they've stuck by me through some of the most ridiculous Molly chapters and moments. I knew that I missed them, but holy cow, I didnt realize just how much until I spent time with them this past weekend.
Kim's wedding was beautiful. Despite my camp voice, I managed to hit all the notes for the song I sang in the ceremony, and had a great time. I think Kim was more than ready to head out on her honeymoon vacation... but hopefully she enjoyed the big day!

I mostly just like how cute Kim looks and how creepy my face is.
Awesome.
She's the bride, I guess that's how it should be.

Now, I'm in Dallas for 2 days, spending time with some of the girls from my seminary "sorority" :) that are still living in the area. I got into town today around 3 and am staying with my friend Mary and her husband. Mary has been a voice of wisdom and reason in my life over the last few years, but also a person that has always been real and intentional in our friendship. We used to get together a chik fil a to talk and pray together for the craziness of life, and those were definitely some of my favorite times while I was at DTS. It's been great to see her, and catch up on one another's lives.
Tomorrow I'll see a few of my other friends, before I head off to Longview, Texas to see Ashley and Tony for a night on Wednesday. Lots of traveling! I'm so glad that i decided to do this though. I'm loving seeing these friends!
I was in Nashville, but we still had fun.
It was great to see her and Lance.
Texas...
Woohoo! I made it to TEXAS! I'm actually really excited to be here, which is surprising, given the fact that I was so incredibly ready to leave this place when I moved away last May.
First though, my visit to Memphis was great, even if it was a quick one. Blake and Joy were so much fun to catch up with. We played games with some of their friends, and just laughed a lot. I loved it. I miss them a lot so it was so nice to spend time with them. I got to see my friend Rob briefly at Starbucks before i headed out of town Thursday and really enjoyed that time too. Rob is one of my favorite people, because he can make you laugh when you least expect it. That kid is funny. Memphis was a great stop on my roadtrip of Friendship......... yes, that's what I'll call it.
Anyway, I left Memphis on Thursday morning and headed down to New Boston for Kim's wedding. The drive was only supposed to be about 4 1/2 hours, but because of a really bad accident and a horrendous downpour, the trip took a little longer than expected. I should have taken a picture of my trucker friend that I met while I was in park on the interstate, but thought he might not like to make his world debut in my blog. He was a nice American though. The rain however, was awful. I probably should have pulled over and let the weather pass, but I was dumb, and didn't. I'm thankful I made it okay.
What a sweet reunion it was! Kim and I worked Fuge together in 06 and then lived about 10 minutes away from one another in Dallas while I was in seminary. Her next door neighbor and friend from college, Lauren and I became immediate friends as well. Those 2 helped make my time in Dallas some of the best years of my life. I treasure their friendship and and grateful for the ways they've stuck by me through some of the most ridiculous Molly chapters and moments. I knew that I missed them, but holy cow, I didnt realize just how much until I spent time with them this past weekend.
Kim's wedding was beautiful. Despite my camp voice, I managed to hit all the notes for the song I sang in the ceremony, and had a great time. I think Kim was more than ready to head out on her honeymoon vacation... but hopefully she enjoyed the big day!
Awesome.
She's the bride, I guess that's how it should be.
Now, I'm in Dallas for 2 days, spending time with some of the girls from my seminary "sorority" :) that are still living in the area. I got into town today around 3 and am staying with my friend Mary and her husband. Mary has been a voice of wisdom and reason in my life over the last few years, but also a person that has always been real and intentional in our friendship. We used to get together a chik fil a to talk and pray together for the craziness of life, and those were definitely some of my favorite times while I was at DTS. It's been great to see her, and catch up on one another's lives.
Tomorrow I'll see a few of my other friends, before I head off to Longview, Texas to see Ashley and Tony for a night on Wednesday. Lots of traveling! I'm so glad that i decided to do this though. I'm loving seeing these friends!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home