Christmas Recap.
So, like I said before, this week was our Christmas week. I absolutely love that each summer, we get to celebrate Christmas together. My secret Santa was great and I knew pretty early on that my person was probably a girl, but other than that, I had no idea who it might be.
All throughout the week we did stuff together during the evenings, like make hot chocolate and decorate the office, or have a Christmas tree decorating contest, decorated cookies.. and then on Friday we did "Pimp My Mega" which is when your secret Santa got to pick out the most ridiculous outfit for their person and then force you to wear it in front of 200 people at Mega Relay. We had some hilarious outfits for sure. It was so much fun.
Yesterday, after camp ended, we took some time to rest and then met up for dinner. We headed toward the interstate and ate at Outback together. After dinner, we got back to campus and dispersed for a few minutes. While everyone was getting their gifts together, Megan, Whitney and I headed to the office to get some surprises together. Over the last few weeks, Whitney had made some phone calls to our parents to see if they would send gifts for us to open, as well as a pair of paJAMa pants. Soooo we set out everyone's gifts and let everyone in the office.
Everyone sat down where their gifts were, surprised to see packages from their families back home. So the first thing we did was open those boxes. Uh, my parents are ridiculously embarrassing. All the girls on staff got cute PJs... you'll see in my pictures what my parents thought would be a goood gift. Jerks. ;) THEN after we opened gifts from our parents, we opened up our stalkings, which we had each left "Intangibles" in for everyone on our staff. Intangibles are basically gifts you would give someone if money weren't an issue. For instance... I got a few "hot boys with big muscles who love the Lord." "Adam Lambert, uninterrupted for an entire hour" "Chapstick" (Which I will not expound upon) and a couple other things. It's really special because for every one that is just silly and goofy, there's another card that reminds you that someones been paying attention to who you are this summer, and wants you to have the things that you hope for or are passionate about. It was funny, but really special too.
Then after that we got to give our gifts to the person we've been secret santa-ing all week. It was great to see people try and guess who their person was. I got mine wrong twice! My secret santa was Whitney.. and she gave me, The People Magazine covering Michael Jackson's death (because that was clearly a hard thing for me this summer), "Where the Red Fern Grows" on DVD WOOHOOO!!, and Babysitter's club books AND an Itunes giftcard. She stinkin rocks!
And of course, we finished the night off by reading the Christmas story together.
It was one of the more special camp Christmases I've celebrated in my camp experience.
I've worked on some massive staffs the last few summers and I've seen how great that can be. I can't tell you how nervous I was to work on a staff of only 14 (15 if you include, which we do, our amazing support staffer, Hannah), but goodness gracious, it is so obvious that the Lord placed us together for a reason. This summer has been amazing, and it's going to be so hard to say goodbye to these people whom I've grown to love, next week once camp ends.
camp is just fabulous.
Enjoy the pictures...
I mean, what other job do you get to go from an awesome time of worship, to the craziness that is Mega Relay?!
Our "Pimp my Mega" outfits.
What a sight we all were!




I didn't know this at the time, but Whitney was my secret santa,
thus the person responsible for my ridiculous outfit!

Jeremy and Courtney.
Jeremy was who I had all week...
I borrowed some inspiration from my outfit last summer.
I think he really liked the pants I got him!

Every friday, before mega, I make the girls line up on the field to do our dance.
Just because we were dressed like crazies, this week was no exception!









All throughout the week we did stuff together during the evenings, like make hot chocolate and decorate the office, or have a Christmas tree decorating contest, decorated cookies.. and then on Friday we did "Pimp My Mega" which is when your secret Santa got to pick out the most ridiculous outfit for their person and then force you to wear it in front of 200 people at Mega Relay. We had some hilarious outfits for sure. It was so much fun.
Yesterday, after camp ended, we took some time to rest and then met up for dinner. We headed toward the interstate and ate at Outback together. After dinner, we got back to campus and dispersed for a few minutes. While everyone was getting their gifts together, Megan, Whitney and I headed to the office to get some surprises together. Over the last few weeks, Whitney had made some phone calls to our parents to see if they would send gifts for us to open, as well as a pair of paJAMa pants. Soooo we set out everyone's gifts and let everyone in the office.
Everyone sat down where their gifts were, surprised to see packages from their families back home. So the first thing we did was open those boxes. Uh, my parents are ridiculously embarrassing. All the girls on staff got cute PJs... you'll see in my pictures what my parents thought would be a goood gift. Jerks. ;) THEN after we opened gifts from our parents, we opened up our stalkings, which we had each left "Intangibles" in for everyone on our staff. Intangibles are basically gifts you would give someone if money weren't an issue. For instance... I got a few "hot boys with big muscles who love the Lord." "Adam Lambert, uninterrupted for an entire hour" "Chapstick" (Which I will not expound upon) and a couple other things. It's really special because for every one that is just silly and goofy, there's another card that reminds you that someones been paying attention to who you are this summer, and wants you to have the things that you hope for or are passionate about. It was funny, but really special too.
Then after that we got to give our gifts to the person we've been secret santa-ing all week. It was great to see people try and guess who their person was. I got mine wrong twice! My secret santa was Whitney.. and she gave me, The People Magazine covering Michael Jackson's death (because that was clearly a hard thing for me this summer), "Where the Red Fern Grows" on DVD WOOHOOO!!, and Babysitter's club books AND an Itunes giftcard. She stinkin rocks!
And of course, we finished the night off by reading the Christmas story together.
It was one of the more special camp Christmases I've celebrated in my camp experience.
I've worked on some massive staffs the last few summers and I've seen how great that can be. I can't tell you how nervous I was to work on a staff of only 14 (15 if you include, which we do, our amazing support staffer, Hannah), but goodness gracious, it is so obvious that the Lord placed us together for a reason. This summer has been amazing, and it's going to be so hard to say goodbye to these people whom I've grown to love, next week once camp ends.
camp is just fabulous.
Enjoy the pictures...
What a sight we all were!
thus the person responsible for my ridiculous outfit!
Jeremy was who I had all week...
I borrowed some inspiration from my outfit last summer.
I think he really liked the pants I got him!
Just because we were dressed like crazies, this week was no exception!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home