My Photo
Name:
Location: Atlanta, Georgia

A graduate of Dallas Theological Seminary, who can't seem to stay in one place for more than a hot second. A lover of God and of people, laughter, good conversations with good friends, writing, music, student ministry, hope, and learning new things. This blog is about my life, and a place for my ramblings, as I seek God's will for my life, and strive to love others more than myself.

Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Week 6 day uno.

So today was a mixture of emotions for sure. This week we're doing inventory here at camp, which means everything needs to be boxed up, labels, inventoried, and then stored away until next summer. As the Financial Director, inventory is kind of my thing.

Let me just say, this is a learning process.
How does a tiny staff of 14 get all our junk inventoried and still be accessible to students during freetime. Things are getting worked out, but today, the practical side of me took over instead of the ministry/intentional side of me... and I regretfully feel like our students missed out on building relationships with their bible study leaders. I'm kind of bummed about it. BUT tomorrow, we've fixed it and hopefully the rest of the week, our bible study leaders will have more time to be intentional.

You live and you learn.

Dude.. this week we only have like, 105 people here. That's including adults. Bible study groups are between 12-15 people.

THATS INSANE

Insanely awesome.
I mean, discussion might be harder to facilitate, but how great would it be as a bible study leader to get to be that dang intentional. Its crazy.

Worship was pretty quiet today though.
Quiet amongst the students.... crazy loud in my head.
I think tonight I came face to face with some realities that I wasnt expecting. After worship I trapped our pastor and my friend Ryan in the car as we drove to Subway... and I may have cried a little. I have a lot of anxiety about life after camp. I have a lot of anxiety about things i feel have been revealed to me this summer.
I'm glad Ryan is our camp pastor this summer, because let me tell you, that joker is REAL. He is gonna tell you how it is... but the thing that makes him an incredible pastor (and friend) is that when he hits you with truth, it might hurt a little, but it never leaves you wounded. He's thoughtful in what he says, and so you know if he's being bold enough to speak it to you, it's because he's thought about it beforehand.

This week we're also doing a time in the morning and at night where we go around the group and individually encourage one another. Everyone of us says something.
Tonight was my night.
I don't mean to say this so cavalier... I really do mean this when I say that I feel like those moments where everyone on my staff went around and shared what they saw in me this summer, I really feel like some of the things that were said, had a pivotal affect on my life. I still have to process things, but holy cow, talk about overwhelming. There were things that were said about me, that I always hoped people saw in me, but just assumed my overbearing, loud, crazy personality overshadowed those things. It was incredibly encouraging...

I really am going to miss these people more than I ever thought I could after only 6 weeks of camp together. I feel like I've grown closer with this staff in its entirety (not just specific people) than any other staff... because of its small size. Blah.. I dont want to think about saying goodbye................. Ryan Warren just needs to start his church so we can all work there.

Plain and simple.

I cant say it enough.. this summer has been awesome and I really truly love my job.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home