My Photo
Name:
Location: Atlanta, Georgia

A graduate of Dallas Theological Seminary, who can't seem to stay in one place for more than a hot second. A lover of God and of people, laughter, good conversations with good friends, writing, music, student ministry, hope, and learning new things. This blog is about my life, and a place for my ramblings, as I seek God's will for my life, and strive to love others more than myself.

Saturday, October 24, 2009

Oh man, what a great last few days this has been! I can't wait to post some pictures when I get home! I got here on Wednesday afternoon, and even though that was the longest stinkin plane ride, it was so worth it. Jess met me at the airport and had a really pretty lei for me... and then we went to dinner in Waikiki and walked around for a bit. I was super tired though, so we went back to her apartment and I went to sleep pretty early. The view from her apartment is incredible! She's on the 36th floor, and so you can see the city of Honolulu and the ocean... and tonight, we even watched the fireworks from the Hilton in Waikiki from her living room.

Yesterday, Jess had to work for a little bit, so I sat by the pool at her building and read. It was nice, as I was still feeling kind of out of it from jetlag. Last night she took me the Pali Lookout, and even though it was cloudy, it was a beautiful view. Today, Jess was able to get off work early, and we packed a ton of stuff into the day. First we went to the Pearl Harbor memorial for the USS Arizona, and waded through the crowds of crazy asian tourists. Seriously... I've never seen so many over zealous photographers and peace signs in my life. It was overwhelming... but I'm grateful to have had the chance to see such a part of our country's history. Then after that, Jess took me to the Bishop Museum, after I told her I really had no idea what Hawaiian history looked like. We spent a couple hours walking around the museum and learning about the history and culture of the Hawaiian islands.

After that, Jess and I drove up to the North Shore. Along the drive Jess was able to show me where she used to live and work, before she got reassigned at Trippler down in Honolulu. We got to the North Shore right before sunset. It was seriously the most beautiful place I've ever been. I got some good pictures that I'll post once I get home.

I'm having so much fun, and it's been great getting to spend so much time with one of my best friends, and seeing where she's lived the last few years. We've got a bunch more stuff planned for the next two days before I leave Monday... so I should go to sleep... I'll post more later. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home