Well, I'm sitting in the Richmond airport and my flight is delayed two hours. So, why not update my blog?
1. I have the worst luck flying... especially when my destination or connecting flight is to/through Atlanta, Georgia.
2. It's pretty stinkin annoying that I can look at the Delta gate right across from me and hear that their flights to Atlanta are leaving. C'mon AirTran, get it together!
3. Mark and I planned it so that he would get back from Costa Rica this afternoon, and then pick me up tonight. Yeah, his flight ended up being tomorrow, so "our problem" has now become his parents' problem. :( I'm gonna be so nice to them when I see them after midnight tonight. Ridiculous!
Anyway, things in Atlanta are going alright. I go through days where I'm incredibly homesick. Homesick for my family and my friends, and for a church that I love. Things with Mark are great, but finding community hasn't been easy. I feel like my identity is wrapped up in the fact that I'm Mark's Girlfriend, and that very few people really know me yet. Its been hard, really hard... but I wouldn't want to be dating him long distance, so it's worth it. I'm thankful for him and his family, for sure.
I started a new job at a church about 15-20 minutes from my house. I'm working in their office, and doing some communications stuff. So far it's been good. My schedule is great. I have health insurance, so my parents can sleep at night. I get Fridays off, and so does Mark, so I get to spend lots of time with him. I'm also not required to go to church there, so I can continue going to church with Mark. It's a huge blessing. I'll be happy once I figure out all thats expected of me, and considered part of my job, so that I can sort of gain some independence there. Everyone has been incredibly nice and gracious with me during this transition. I'm thankful the Lord gave me this opportunity and opened this door.
This past week, I flew home to Virginia. I haven't been home for Father's Day since 2004 because of camp, and so I was super excited for that, and to spend time with my family. My nieces are so stinkin cute. I also got to spend time with my pretend niece and nephews and their parents, which I loved. Stacy and our friend Meghan and her sister Shannon went to see New Kids on the Block, with Boyz II Men and 98* at the Verizon Center. That was such a fun show! I wont go into great detail, but I would have been super embarrassed for anyone else to have seen me carry on like that. Everyone in that arena reverted to their 12 year old self, and it was wonderful!
Life is good. At church on Sunday, everyone who Facebook stalks me kept saying they were so happy to see me looking so happy.
I liked that... because I am happy. Really happy. I've never been happier and I'm glad that that can be seen in the things I post on my facebook, and when people interact with me after not seeing me for awhile. I am the luckiest girl on the planet, and so thankful for the ways the Lord has changed my life and blessed me in this past year.
1. I have the worst luck flying... especially when my destination or connecting flight is to/through Atlanta, Georgia.
2. It's pretty stinkin annoying that I can look at the Delta gate right across from me and hear that their flights to Atlanta are leaving. C'mon AirTran, get it together!
3. Mark and I planned it so that he would get back from Costa Rica this afternoon, and then pick me up tonight. Yeah, his flight ended up being tomorrow, so "our problem" has now become his parents' problem. :( I'm gonna be so nice to them when I see them after midnight tonight. Ridiculous!
Anyway, things in Atlanta are going alright. I go through days where I'm incredibly homesick. Homesick for my family and my friends, and for a church that I love. Things with Mark are great, but finding community hasn't been easy. I feel like my identity is wrapped up in the fact that I'm Mark's Girlfriend, and that very few people really know me yet. Its been hard, really hard... but I wouldn't want to be dating him long distance, so it's worth it. I'm thankful for him and his family, for sure.
I started a new job at a church about 15-20 minutes from my house. I'm working in their office, and doing some communications stuff. So far it's been good. My schedule is great. I have health insurance, so my parents can sleep at night. I get Fridays off, and so does Mark, so I get to spend lots of time with him. I'm also not required to go to church there, so I can continue going to church with Mark. It's a huge blessing. I'll be happy once I figure out all thats expected of me, and considered part of my job, so that I can sort of gain some independence there. Everyone has been incredibly nice and gracious with me during this transition. I'm thankful the Lord gave me this opportunity and opened this door.
This past week, I flew home to Virginia. I haven't been home for Father's Day since 2004 because of camp, and so I was super excited for that, and to spend time with my family. My nieces are so stinkin cute. I also got to spend time with my pretend niece and nephews and their parents, which I loved. Stacy and our friend Meghan and her sister Shannon went to see New Kids on the Block, with Boyz II Men and 98* at the Verizon Center. That was such a fun show! I wont go into great detail, but I would have been super embarrassed for anyone else to have seen me carry on like that. Everyone in that arena reverted to their 12 year old self, and it was wonderful!
Life is good. At church on Sunday, everyone who Facebook stalks me kept saying they were so happy to see me looking so happy.
I liked that... because I am happy. Really happy. I've never been happier and I'm glad that that can be seen in the things I post on my facebook, and when people interact with me after not seeing me for awhile. I am the luckiest girl on the planet, and so thankful for the ways the Lord has changed my life and blessed me in this past year.
We got a year parking pass to Stone Mountain, and so we've climbed it a few times over the last few weeks. I fell down on the way down the first time and gushed blood everywhere, but hey, it made me look super wimpy tough
.
We went to the Braves game with our home group.
Despite the super sun in our eyes for a portion of the game, I got to see Dan Uggla and so that was lovely, and so was spending time with our friends.
We've been to a few weddings, including his brothers.
These two pictures are some his paparazzi sister took of us.
Mark brought his kayak over to the pond/lake behind my house.
He saw some snakes as we were getting out of the water, so of course, this girl hasn't been down there again since!
Ariana and Zoe!
Ari on Father's Day
My parents had a pool set up with the water already warmed up by the sun for their grandbabies.
Zoe was straight chillin in her bumbo in the pool
We are fully aware that putting bumbos in water is the kind of thing that gets them recalled...
However she always had a grownup's hand on her, and 8 others watching.
New Kids on the Block in all their glory!
We had great seats. Had we been any closer, I'm pretty sure Stacy would have jumped up on stage and kidnapped Donnie Wahlberg... and I probably would have helped.



2 Comments:
molls. i love you. heaps and heaps. xo. alli
Well, I'm glad you are Mark's girlfriend :)
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home