My Photo
Name:
Location: Atlanta, Georgia

A graduate of Dallas Theological Seminary, who can't seem to stay in one place for more than a hot second. A lover of God and of people, laughter, good conversations with good friends, writing, music, student ministry, hope, and learning new things. This blog is about my life, and a place for my ramblings, as I seek God's will for my life, and strive to love others more than myself.

Thursday, November 4, 2010

November 4



Today, I'm thankful for my parents, who are on their way down to Chattanooga as I write this. They told me they look like the Beverly Hillbillies with our truck loaded down with stuff I couldn't pack into my car when I moved down here... like my bed!

Yes, I'm thankful they're coming down here, but even more, I'm thankful for the ways that they love and support me. I haven't always been the most courageous, self-motivated human being on the planet. Fear, doubt, and worry are things I often struggle with. My parents, knowing this about me, have always pushed me to do my best and move forward, but have always let me know that anytime I need them, they'll be there. There are things in this world that I could do that I know would disappoint them, but nothing that would ever make them stop loving me. Even though they drive me crazy sometimes, they're who I call first when something exciting or something sad or something crazy has happened. My parents are pretty much amazing.

1 Comments:

Blogger Melinda said...

I totally understand. Hope you have a great visit with them! And enjoy your new place fully decked out :)

November 4, 2010 at 12:58 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home