My Photo
Name:
Location: Atlanta, Georgia

A graduate of Dallas Theological Seminary, who can't seem to stay in one place for more than a hot second. A lover of God and of people, laughter, good conversations with good friends, writing, music, student ministry, hope, and learning new things. This blog is about my life, and a place for my ramblings, as I seek God's will for my life, and strive to love others more than myself.

Saturday, February 14, 2009

QUESTION.. 4

What's your favorite band or musician?

Now, I stinkin love music. I love to listen to songs on repeat. I love to go to concerts and shows. I especially love live CDs (as long as they're done quality). Music can make a bad day better. Music can me laugh, cry, smile, remember.

I have 4 favorite bands/musicians and it's nearly impossible to pick an absolute favorite...well that's a lie but whatever.

1. Dashboard Confessional... but mostly just their old school, really emo, acoustic stuff. Chris Carrabba is the hotness.

2. Ill Angelic. This is a band that some of my friends are in. You should check them out on myspace. I like their music, but even more, I think my favorite part about going to their shows is seeing my friends passionate about something, and seeing them do what they love. They are awesome and they're all really super talented. Check 'em out.

3. The Spill Canvas. Ok, if you really want to make me crazy, put some of that mess on. Their songs make me want to find somone and makeout with them. I love how Nick (the lead singer and writer of most of their songs) is so honest about his relationship struggles and so passionate when he sings. It's hot. Plus their CDs are so much fun to listen to at top volume when driving around in my car. There's a song for everything... if I'm mad at someone, in love with someone, annoyed with a situation... I just love them.

4. AND OF COURSE... the QUEEN of my music loves.... LISA LOEB! Maybe you don't remember her?? She wrote that song in the 90's "Stay".. "You say, I only hear what I want to. And you say, I talk so all the time.. so" And she wrote a bunch of other really awesome songs too. I have loved Lisa Loeb since middle school. She's so cute with her glasses and guitar. My favorite CD is "The Purple Tape" which is 2 discs. The first disc is all this old school music she wrote back in the day... and then the 2nd disc is her explaining the rationale for the lyrics. It's cool to hear a song you love, but then to hear the writer explaining how that song came about. I got to stand in the pouring rain at the Texas State Fair one year when I lived in Dallas to see Lisa and then got backstage passes and got to meet her. It was awesome. I almost cried... but didnt.



so that's me. What about you?? Who do you love the most, musically AND why!?

5 Comments:

Blogger MeLissa said...

Hmmm...

I think my favorite is still Copeland even though I've liked their work less and less since the best album "Beneath the Medicine Tree". I remember seeing them live for the first time and being so sad I didn't know the words so I could sing along with everyone.

And a group I have carried along with me since I was in middle school- The Wallflowers. I can still listen to them all the time. Really, I also love Jakob Dylan even without the rest of the Wallflowers. They were good in 1998. Still good in 2008. That's a good band.

February 14, 2009 at 9:07 AM  
Blogger Chris Cepulis said...

So I'm probably either going to show that I am lame or old by these comments but here it goes.

1. U2. Especially the stuff from the 80's and All That You Can't Leave Behind. I got the best present ever from my brother when he took me to see them in concert on the Vertigo tour. Now, I sat in the very last row of the Mellon Arena in Pittsburgh and I literally had to sit slumped down in the seat with my head cocked to the side to see anything, but it was AMAZING.

2. The Police. When I was I college we used to literally RUN to turn up the radio. This past summer I got to see them in concert (again thanks to my brother...I have an awesome brother) And even as old guys they are phenomenal musicians. Even if Sting has to sing Roxanne a perfect fifth below where he used to.

3. I'm a Christian music geek, so I love old school stuff like Michael W Smith, Steven Curtis Chapman and Amy Grant and new stuff like Crowder and Tomlin and Jeremy Camp.

4. Matt Kearney, Lifehouse and the Fray.

5. Motown (Supremes, Temptations) Earth, Wind and Fire.

February 14, 2009 at 10:51 PM  
Blogger Alexander! said...

My eyes hurt from editing so I thought I'd check what was new in the Mollyverse.

So, since I mostly listen to indie music that I can't really bring up in casual conversation, I'll give you my top 3 when I was in middle/high school.

1. Weezer. Because they made all the "nice guy" anthems (for 2 albums, atleast). I cherish that I got to see them live right before they started cranking out generic nonsense (green album). Also because the band me and my friends had never made it past doing Weezer covers in friends' garages

2. Radiohead because I wanted more music than lyrics at the time it was Radiohead or Nine Inch Nails and pre-sober Trent Reznor was kind of a drag

3. Black Eyed Peas. Mind you, there was a time when the BEP was a fantastic, non-misogynistic, fun hip-hop group and Fergie was doing something else

February 15, 2009 at 1:57 AM  
Blogger stance. said...

1. Caedmon's Call. You really can't go wrong with them.

2. Nickel Creek. They're "on a break" or something, but man they're amazing. And Chris Thile's solo stuff is pretty awesome too.

3. Newer people/groups I love include Brandi Carlile (so good, seriously if you get the chance to see her live, i don't care what you have to pay, DO IT), Matt Wertz, Dave Barnes, Jason Mraz, Ok Go...probably some others but I can't remember.

February 16, 2009 at 10:54 AM  
Blogger Becca said...

1. Jars of Clay. I just love their instrumentation and creativity in their music and lyrics. Their songs don't really sound like anybody else. I learned how to play guitar just so I could play their songs!

2. I'm kind of an anthem rock nut. I love Anberlin, Skillet (new albums), Bon Jovi, Plumb, and certain songs like From Yesterday by 30 Seconds to Mars, Everybody Praise the Lord (Lincoln Brewster),Ignition (Toby Mac), etc.

3. I also really like creative use of electronic sounds like Mute Math, David Crowder & Toby Mac. I also went through a love of techno phase in HS which I never really got over. I don't listen to it on my own anymore, but I still groove when I hear it.

4. I like classical a lot too. Handel is my favorite.

5. Finally, I like creative piano driven music like Alisa Turner, The Fray, Regina Spektor, Sarah Bareilles.

February 16, 2009 at 10:55 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home