My Photo
Name:
Location: Atlanta, Georgia

A graduate of Dallas Theological Seminary, who can't seem to stay in one place for more than a hot second. A lover of God and of people, laughter, good conversations with good friends, writing, music, student ministry, hope, and learning new things. This blog is about my life, and a place for my ramblings, as I seek God's will for my life, and strive to love others more than myself.

Monday, February 9, 2009

Grammy Wammy.

Sitting in Panera.
I really need to realize that updating my blog does not constitute "getting work done" simply because it takes place behind my laptop.

I watched the Grammys last night. I love music and I love pop culture, and of course my opinions and observations are never wrong so enjoy...

*First, we have to bring up the obvious.
MIA performing with all the guys... 9+ months pregnant. Like, the chick is past her due date. What?! And she was wearing a see through shirt. I was worried about more than her baby popping out on stage. It was out of control. The ONLY thing that made sense about that performance was her shoe choice. The chick was definitely rockin tennis shoes, which in light of the rest of her choices that night, I expected high heels.
Ridiculous.

*I do not like Coldplay. I have tried and I simply cannot force myself to listen to that junk.
It's boring.
All the songs sound the same.

*Chris Brown wasnt at the Grammys because he was busy beating up his girlfriend. That's sad.

*Katy Perry's set of fruit was kind of lame.

*Stevie Wonder, you are way too cool to be performing with the Jonas Brothers. Seriously, whoever told you to do that mess, should be punched in the face and then fired.

*Adele where the heck have you been all my life. I liked your black dress and your album is the hotness.

*Nicole Kidman... step away from the botox.

*Radiohead was awesome.

*Jennifer Hudson looked pretty and I cried when she cried. I'm so wimpy.

*Justin Timberlake, I am totally down for getting married if you ask, I'm just sayin.


Did you guys watch? Or do you just not care about the kind of music typically showcased on the show? Seriously, it was worth it, just to see MIA.

5 Comments:

Blogger leslie said...

it was a great night for music.

-stevie and the jonas bros. was better than i thought it would be.

-the four tops featuring ne-yo and jamie foxx was fantastic.

-i could have done without MIA during the rap collaboration. she is not my favorite...but kudos to her performing at the grammys on her due date.

-i thought that chris brown was decent. my hopes and dreams were dashed last night. [i still want to be rihanna though.]

-dave grohl played a mean drum for paul mccartney.

-taylor swift and miley cyrus: i could have done without that.

-i should have been allowed to introduce radiohead featuring the usc marching band...gwyneth didn't do them justice.

-the bb king, keith urban, john mayer collaboration was my favorite of the night.

February 9, 2009 at 3:16 PM  
Blogger Molly said...

I thought the four tops was pretty good... I dont like Jamie Foxx though.

"Kudos for performing on her due date" SERIOUSLY?! That poor unborn child probably had the sweet california scared out of it.. too much trauma right before you enter the world. No wonder she hasnt popped yet.

I missed Taylor and Miley, although I secretly love Taylor Swift. Leslie, YOU are the reason for the teardrops on my guitar.

OMG Gwyneth, there was so much wrong with her introduction... especially that crazy dress and her hair.

Im a critical jerk. but they're famous, so it should be allowed.

Just kidding.

I take it back.
everyone/everything was great. beautiful, awesome people.

February 9, 2009 at 3:22 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I love, love, love Coldplay. :)

February 10, 2009 at 3:57 AM  
Blogger Chris Cepulis said...

I'm an awards show geek. Love the clothes and I actually get excited when someone I like wins.

My take:

--When I found out that Justin Timberlake and Al Green only had that afternoon to pull "Let's Stay Together" together...I was even more impressed...and it explained why I felt like they didn't know how to end it.

--I felt bad for the Jonas boy that screwed up the verse on Superstitious. And I thought they overplayed the jumping around thing.

--Interesting outfit MIA chose to wear. Make me think of a Muppet.

--I like the sentiment behind Taylor Swift's song, but the performance was not great. And they were way too cheesy "my best friend...pah"

--I'm bummed that I went to bed and missed John Mayer and BB King and Jamie Foxx

--Kudos to the academy for giving Robert Plant and Allison Krause and the greatest producer ever, T-Bone Burnett their due. (If T-Bone happens to read this...I'd love to have you produce my CD)

February 11, 2009 at 10:47 AM  
Blogger stance. said...

-gotta be honest, i dig coldplay.

-this was my first encounter with M.I.A. and i was a little confused by her mini mouse outfit, but hey she's pregnant and the word on the street is that you get to do whatever the heck you want to when you're pregnant.

-brenda lee won the lifetime acheivement award, and i'm not bragging, but i met her last year, a few times, called her at home and everything. and her grand-daughter is in our 6th grade bible study through the academy.

-jamie foxx apparently can't do the step to the left and to the right dance that the rest of the men managed quite well. he was off doing his own thing on the complete opposite side of the stage for at least part of the song/medly.

-we were playing monopoly, i mean DOGopoly, with noah during the grammys and he kicked our bottoms. as always.

February 11, 2009 at 10:55 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home