My Photo
Name:
Location: Atlanta, Georgia

A graduate of Dallas Theological Seminary, who can't seem to stay in one place for more than a hot second. A lover of God and of people, laughter, good conversations with good friends, writing, music, student ministry, hope, and learning new things. This blog is about my life, and a place for my ramblings, as I seek God's will for my life, and strive to love others more than myself.

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Blog it up

I stinkin love reading people's blogs. I wish more of my friends had blogs. Because I was a professional college transferer and because I work with so many different and awesome people each summer, and because even while I was in college or seminary I still stayed in touch with a lot of my homies back home, I have a ton of different groups of friends. Without facebook and things like blogs, there's just no way I'd be able to stay in touch or keep up with everyone.

I've always been the kind of person who has found my worth in my friendships. I know that's not really a positive or healthy mindset to have, but hey, if I can't be honest on my own dang blog, then where the heck can I? It's not that I've needed a large quantity of friends... the quality has always been what's important to me.

I like to be in the know of what's going on in the lives of people that I love. Blogs... they make it so much easier. I know that reading someone's blog doesn't constitute a relationship and shouldnt substitute a real conversation... but blogs help me know when a phone call is in order or if a friend needs prayer. If you're going through something, do the world a favor (and by "world" I mean, me) and blog about it.

Blogs also help me to see a side of friends that maybe I didn't know existed. I've seen some incredible and beautiful writing from people I never knew had that talent. I've seen some vulnerability from people that are usually kind of closed off. And I especially love it when my friends write about what the Lord is showing them and then I end up feeling challeneged by what they've written.

I also love seeing pictures and reading about the everyday lives of my friends who live far away.

Blogs are great.
Checking my blog roll is one of my favorite things to do.
I also really like hearing from a friend who read something they liked in my blog, when I didn't even know they took the time to read my blog.

I dont know why people read my blog. I'm a rollercoaster of emotion. I post the most random junk on here and then every once in awhile I'll go through something and write a serious blog. It's those little snippets of seriousness that keep you coming back for more, isnt it? Maybe this week you'll get a good one. I've been going through a lot lately.... I think I'm becoming the antithesis of what a post seminary grad is supposed to be... disenchanted with the Christian bubble fo sho... who the heck wants to read about that mess? I dont want to think about it, let alone write about it................ but we'll see.

2 Comments:

Blogger stance. said...

true that, molly.

January 20, 2009 at 9:49 AM  
Blogger Adam Antine said...

i wish everyone would blog. you better keep it up. if there's anything i cant stand its people who take something up and then quite 2 weeks later. thats why i like you. you dont quite. i mean, there are other reasons too, but that goes without saying.

January 20, 2009 at 7:34 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home