My Photo
Name:
Location: Atlanta, Georgia

A graduate of Dallas Theological Seminary, who can't seem to stay in one place for more than a hot second. A lover of God and of people, laughter, good conversations with good friends, writing, music, student ministry, hope, and learning new things. This blog is about my life, and a place for my ramblings, as I seek God's will for my life, and strive to love others more than myself.

Friday, November 28, 2008

Birthdays and Thankfulness

So I've had a pretty busy last few days. They've been a lot of fun, but now I am all kinds of tired! My 26th (eeeeeekkkk) birthday was on Wednesday. This birthday was kind of not fun for me, seeing as how I'm old and doing nothing with my life currently. BUT it's no fun spending your birthday depressed, so I made the most of it.

I started my birthday by eating midnight ice cream at Baskin Robins with two of my favorites Jake and Stacy. The whole Griffitts family are my favorites and so ringing in a new birthday with 2 of them is a spectacular thing. Lots of laughing was had for sure. Then after I went to sleep for a little bit, I woke up and spent some time with my daddy-o. We went to best buy and the px to look around at some stuff my sisters and I had asked for for Christmas. I tried, unsuccesfully to get him to buy a Wii, but after his epic failure at mario kart in the store, a wii was a no go. What a sore loser. :) In the end, my parents' gift for my birthday was... get ready for this craziness... a new laptop battery and 2 new tires for my honda! wooohooo!! haha I am old if I can get excited about that! :) But I'm very thankful because that stuff is not cheap!

Then after dinner with my parents and after I got some beautiful flowers delivered to my house from my sweet friends Beth and Brandon, I went over to my second family (The Griffitts DUH!) for cake. They're such a blessing to me and have made moving back to virginia a million times better than I thought it was going to be! One of my best friends Mary is in town too and so it was special to celebrate my birthday with them. Stacy made the most awesome cake and they all hooked me up with some sweet stuff. It was fun fo sho. Then, after the festivities at the house, Mary, Stacy and I went out on the town. First we went to Carlos for the high school reunion of the world. Not even going to go into great detail about how weird and surreal that experience was for me. Who knew so many people were still in this crazy little town... and having them all in one location was a lot to take in. haha. After that, we drove down to Fredericksburg to see a DJ that some of my friends are friends with. HAHAHA craziness... that's all I can really say. We all had a lot of fun dancing and laughing. It was just fun to be with people I love. I had a great birthday. Jess even called me from Iraq which was nice since it's harder to get to talk to her while she's over there. It was a really wonderful birthday present.

AND dude, facebook announcing your birthday to the world, yes that makes you feel very warm and fuzzy, and super popular. It's spectacular to wake up on your birthday and already your gmail is announcing that you have 33 new facebook comments. haha.

I really am blessed.

Yesterday, Thanksgiving with the fam was crazy as usual. My sisters... mostly my younger sister is crazy :) and so it's always a loud, entertaing time when we're together for holidays.

I have much to be thankful for.


I also got 6 inches chopped off my hair today. For those of you who dont know this, my senior year of high school... so almost 8 years ago, I got the mother of all bad haircuts. I think after it started growin out and i got over the shock, it wasnt so bad. BUT at first, I was traumatized and thought all my friends would think I didn't like boys anymore because I could literally spike up parts of my hair. It was awful and the only time I've ever cried in the hair salon... and they totally made me pay for that crap. ANYWAY, today was the first time I've gotten a non-trim, actual haircut in 7 years. I thought I was going to throw up on the way to the place and the whole time she was cutting my hair, she kept telling me not to panic. It's not super short, but its a lot shorter than it was when i woke up this morning! It only took my 10 minutes to straighten it though!

Ok. Thats my random post. Here's a pic of my hair and I'll try and post some pictures of my birthday cake candle moment if I get them from stacy. It's been a good last few days.

4 Comments:

Blogger leslie said...

YOUR HAIR IS FLIPPING GORGEOUS!!
i absolutely love it.
seriously.
you are freakin' hot momma!!

November 28, 2008 at 7:41 PM  
Blogger Julie said...

happy late birfday my bsbff (baby sis's bff) :) your hair looks FAB-U-LOUS. seriously, good and grown up but hot mid-twenties too ;) btw, you're not old yet -- you've still got a significant part of your life left to go in the 20's.

November 29, 2008 at 9:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i told you we have way more in common than i ever thought...i havnt actually cut my hair (not jus trimmed) in 6 or 7 yrs now but im getting it cut tuesday. whatttt twinzies! hahah c u sunday i hope :) :)

December 5, 2008 at 4:14 AM  
Blogger stance. said...

your hair looks AWESOME. love it. i'm proud of you for going back to a hair cutting place. man, i remember that night. i had never seen you so upset in my life. but as you said, we all got over it and dug it :)

December 16, 2008 at 1:44 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home