My Photo
Name:
Location: Atlanta, Georgia

A graduate of Dallas Theological Seminary, who can't seem to stay in one place for more than a hot second. A lover of God and of people, laughter, good conversations with good friends, writing, music, student ministry, hope, and learning new things. This blog is about my life, and a place for my ramblings, as I seek God's will for my life, and strive to love others more than myself.

Sunday, July 10, 2011

Texas in July- What on earth?!


Last Saturday morning, I boarded a bus with my students for their choir tour/mission trip to Dallas/Ft. Worth. That is too long of a trip to make in a car twice in just a couple months, let alone on a bus full of teenagers. BUT we made it, eventually, and had a great week of seeing the Lord work.

My students did a great job singing at apartment churches, a homeless shelter, assisted living residences, and the veterans hospital. They also led vacation bible schools at 2 different apartment complexes. It was a blessing for me to watch them minister. They did an incredible job.

I absolutely loved the conversations I got to have, and the time I got to spend with them, and I'm grateful for some of those God given moments I had to connect with them on more intentional levels.

I also got to see my friends Lauren and Erin and really enjoyed the time I spent with them. Despite the 105 degree temps, I found myself missing Texas and wondering what it would be like to move back there someday.

For now, here are some pictures from the trip.


Aren't they just so cute?!


This little girl, Emily walked up to me at a concert and wanted to be friend.
Clearly from the picture, I wasn't so sure about it.

The crazy cousins.
Deedee, Meara, me, Heidi, and Chara at the banquet at Joe T's


I may or may not have started a Justin Bieber bus sing a long a few times on the trip
Don't hate. Look how happy everyone looks!
Someone had to entertain those kids on the long bus rides!



I found a creepy puppet, named him Herman, and chased little children around VBS
They loved it.


Katie, one of my seniors.
Glad that she's only going away to school in Nashville!


Danielle and me
I'll be so sad when she heads off to school in Mobile next month!


3 Comments:

Blogger stance. said...

looks like fun! do you think that we looked like that when we were on choir tour? i dunno. your youth group looks cooler than what we probably looked like.

July 12, 2011 at 11:20 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Molly, that is a CUTE poka-dot blouse. Where did you get it? I love it!

July 12, 2011 at 3:31 PM  
Blogger Molly said...

Oh we were definitely cool in high school, Stacy! C'mon! But my students are pretty great.

Kristy, I'm pretty sure I got it from old navy. Thanks :)

July 12, 2011 at 3:33 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home