When I lived in Dallas, I had the opportunity to meet a girl named Jan who worked Fuge with a mutual friend of ours, and then in 2009 we saw eachother again at Program Training. I was so nervous about being on leadership, and Jan, who barely knew me, sat at dinner and was so nice, and encouraging about the summer I had ahead. She immediately friended me on facebook, which is of course, the pinnacle of friendship, and promised to pray for me. :) I hadn't seen or talked to her since then....
Today, my newsfeed was blowing up on facebook. Jan suddenly passed away earlier this morning. I didn't know Jan very well, but I know a lot of people that worked with this Fuge veteran, who are hurting upon hearing the news. I went to her facebook page though, and read some of the sweet comments her friends and family are saying about her. Wow, I wish I had had the opportunity to work with her. What a legacy of love and encouragement she has left... people are absolutely confident she's "dancing with Jesus" today. It's incredible. She was incredible.
Pray for Jan's family in Trinidad and those close to her, and for the Fuge world who lost a beloved member of its family today, and praise Him for the work He used her to accomplish during her short time here on this earth. In the midst of sorrow, we can trust that He is in control.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home