Summer Time
Dude, it's official, I'm a Belieber. I'm a little slow to join the crowd, but I just can't help it. Last night, after the prompting of some of my middle school girls, I watched Justin Bieber's movie "Never Say Never" and oh goodness, I can't help it... this girl's got Bieber Fever. I think my fever is a little bit different from some of my middle schoolers, as he's a little young for me to be madly in love with... buuuut he is a cute little Jesus loving Canadian who makes these little 12 year old girls the happiest people on the planet. I mean, I even cried a couple times... the same kind of crying I do when I watch Extreme Home Makeover and junk like that. Judge on people, but I liked it. You should watch it.
This past weekend was a lot of fun. My friends and I got together to hangout for Seth's birthday, and had a cookout. My throat hurt so much by Saturday night from all the laughing I did this weekend. Man, my friends are funny people. There were only about 10 of us there at Seth's party on Friday, but eventually we had to move inside from the back porch because we were surely laughing loud enough to annoy the neighbors. Saturday, my friends Candace and Jenny came in from Nashville. More laughter ensued. It was great to see them, and spend time with them before Cando heads off to camp in New Mexico for the summer.
And alas, camp season is upon us. I'm experiencing a kind of sadness that I've never experienced before. After 6 summers of working Fuge, having the best summers, ministering to students and meeting amazing people, I'm finding myself saying goodbye to my friends as they head off for incredible summers, leaving me behind. My summer here is going to be great, I'm just a little sad... and by a little, I mean super depressed. Here in Chattanooga, there will be a Seth Medley Band shaped hole in my heart as the boys head off to Panama City to lead worship there. I can't wait to hear their stories, and how the Lord uses them this summer, but I cant help but be sad that they won't be here, or that I wont be there in Panama too. Trusting that the Lord has so much in store for all of us this summer though.
I am hardcore... and when I'm not, at least I've got Justin Bieber, and a great group of girlfriends I'm excited to spend time with this summer.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home