My Photo
Name:
Location: Atlanta, Georgia

A graduate of Dallas Theological Seminary, who can't seem to stay in one place for more than a hot second. A lover of God and of people, laughter, good conversations with good friends, writing, music, student ministry, hope, and learning new things. This blog is about my life, and a place for my ramblings, as I seek God's will for my life, and strive to love others more than myself.

Saturday, June 11, 2011

Fuge 2011




So, after a week of camp, maybe the Lord knew what He was doing when it was decided that I wouldn't work camp this summer... I'm tired! I feel old! haha!

This past week, 29 of us, loaded up our church bus and headed to Union University for a week of Centrifuge. It was a wonderful week, and I'm excited to see how the Lord continues to work in the lives of those of us who attended camp. I was especially blessed by the friends from previous summers who are on Union's staff, and the ways they ministered to me. Chad (a fellow resident of Chattanooga) was our camp pastor, and he and I met waaay back in 2005, and then worked together in 2006. He's awesome, and he and his wife Hope are wonderful friends. Sara, Gina, and Zach and I worked together in 2008 out at Glorieta, and then Sarah and I worked together at Carson Newman last summer. Wonderful people!

Sara is the development director at Union, which is kind of like the 2nd in command. She's in charge of Bible studies, staff development, and customer service. She let me follow her around. I helped her out in the office a bit, and just laughed a lot with her. I even got to call churches coming to camp next week and remind them to turn in all their paperwork and answer questions they might have. It was funny. I accidentally told 1 youth pastor I was looking forward to meeting him next week! oops. Sara letting me tag along and hangout with her helped me feel a part of camp, when I was feeling pretty sad about not working. The staff probably thought I was a creeper chaperone, with how much time I spent in the office... they even let me tag along with them to eat late after Mega Relay. I loved that time with my friends though. I can't really begin to explain how refreshing it was to be with those people, and to meet new friends.

Sara, Zach, Gina, and me
Another Glorieta 2008 reunion
I LOVE the fact that in the past month, I've gotten to see so many people from that summer, and I love that no matter the time we've spent apart, because of Christ and what He brought us through in that summer together,
it's so easy to pick right up where we left off.
LOVE these people.

I cried a couple times, out of pure overwhelming sadness. I mean, it stinks not doing something that you really love. Fuge has had a huge impact in my life, and I'll always love it. I'm trying not to bemoan the fact that I don't get to work, and instead just be really thankful and excited I got to experience it with my kids. Oh gosh, my students are some hilarious people. It took awhile for them to open up, but the last few nights in church group devotions were precious to me. They shared what the Lord was doing in their lives, and my heart just overflowed with love for them. I had the opportunity to pray over many of them, and the Lord really worked in my heart during those moments.

The Lord worked on me during adult Bible study, and throughout worship this week too. One of the days was about relating to those who have hurt us. We talked about forgiveness in adult Bible study and holy crap... wasn't ready to deal with some feelings I had buried so deep, I didn't really even think I was struggling with anymore. Some of the conversations I had this week, definitely got my attention. Still processing some stuff...

It was a good week. Thankful for the time I got to spend with my students... and uh, I have some amazing adults that volunteer to love on our students. Couldn't have made it without them!


Jack, me, one of our chaperones (and a great friend) Lauren, and Haleigh
hanging out in the cafe before lunch one day.


With the adults out at rec, moments before one of the most awkward moments of my life
This initiative was always fun to watch my students do, but I definitely have a new perspective.


My wonderful friends on staff thought it would be hilarious to make me go up on stage the first morning to compete for "Group Leader of the Day" One of the guys next to me totally cheated. I was winning for most of that dumb game! I hurt my thumb, and found out that I stink at shooting rubber bands!


One of my newly graduated students, Danielle
So glad she was able to come to camp at the last minute
She, and our other roommate Katie definitely had a lot of laughs this week
They had fun picking on me, and making me feel awkward!
Love those girls, and I'm going to be so sad to see them go in the fall.





"And still He seeks the fellowship of His people and will send them both joy and sorrow to detach their hands from the things of this world and attach them to Himself’.” J.I. Packer



1 Comments:

Blogger stance. said...

I love seeing and hearing your stories from camp! How awesome. Lance had to play the rubber band shooting game too! I don't think anyone knocked over all the cups but I think he won anyway somehow. Sorry I missed your call last night - I'll holler at you tomorrow :) Left my phone at home. Bummer. But that's okay because I'll just use the Blogger comment field as if it were your voicemail. Rammmmmble.

June 15, 2011 at 8:53 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home