DFW
Well, my trip to Dallas is winding down. Sad day! This weekend has been so much fun, and I'm so glad that I decided to come last minute.
On Friday, I drove from Ft. Worth (where Katie and Ryan live) into Dallas to see my sweet friend Mary from seminary. Mary is amazing. Plain and simple. She is one of the most hilarious and encouraging friends I have... the kind of person that doesn't just see the good in people, but she tells them right then and there when she sees something positive in them. When we were in school, my roommates were all out with their loverboys (whom they all married), and Mary calls me and is like, "Molly, you're not going to be sad tonight. We're going to have fun tonight!" Next thing I know, she shows up with 3 of our hilarious guy friends, and we laughed and acted crazy... my roommate came in to all of us slow dancing to boys II men in the dark. She and I would get together every other week or so and pray together, usually at chick fil a. She was one of the very few people I told about my surgery, and came over to sit with me the day I came home from the hospital, to make sure I was ok. She's incredible. I'm so glad we got to spend some good time together this week.
Then that night, my friend Lauren (another friend from Dallas) and my friend Erin (who is from the Dallas area, but worked at my church at home for a little bit before moving back), came to Ft. Worth and had dinner with Seth, Ryan, Katie, and me. Oh goodness.. it made me happy to have friends from all these different chapters in my life laughing and having fun together, and it was so so soooo good to see Lauren and Erin.
Saturday, two of my camp friends from Glorieta in 2008 drove in from Waco to see me. Allison and Dinah. They're hilarious people, and we had a good time laughing together. I hadn't seen Allison since program training in 2009, so its been awhile!! Dinah is always funny. It meant so much to me that they would make the drive so we could hangout. Love those girls.
Today, we went to church at the Warren's church here in Ft. Worth... Fellowship Church. It was great, and I really enjoyed seeing where Ryan and Katie attend, and all the great stuff they've got going on there. After that we went to some restaurant where they brought out nachos bigger than the table, almost putting us into a food coma.. Then my friend Winders came and picked me up for coffee. Ryan (Winders) and I worked camp in 2007, and so it was so good to see him today too!
So many reunions. So much laughing.
*I didn't get to see a few people that I wanted to, but there just isn't enough time in 3 days. Boo! BUT thankfully, we're bringing our students here in July for their choir tour.. I hope I'll get to sneak away a little bit.
*I did happen to watch more nascar than ever before... which I completely don't understand. I mean really.. if you're pushing a car forward, how will you ever come in first place?! Seth tried to explain it to me, but I just don't get it. These crazies that go to these races are sitting around, drinking beer, and hoping cars crash. AND if there's a crash, they pull a caution flag and everyone has to start back together again?! So if you were like super far ahead, and people crash, then your lead is pretty much over?! seriously, someone explain this mess to me. Its so dumb!
*Jersey Shore.. seriously?! It's addicting. I can't help it. So many new phrases added to my vocabulary.
*I miss Dallas and the people that I love who live here. I should move back.
*Ryan wasn't kidding... his dog is pretty much amazing.
*Now... tomorrow, Seth and I get to drive 12 hours home. Not excited, at all. I might cry.
Such a good weekend. Maybe I'll come back again next weekend.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home