My Photo
Name:
Location: Atlanta, Georgia

A graduate of Dallas Theological Seminary, who can't seem to stay in one place for more than a hot second. A lover of God and of people, laughter, good conversations with good friends, writing, music, student ministry, hope, and learning new things. This blog is about my life, and a place for my ramblings, as I seek God's will for my life, and strive to love others more than myself.

Sunday, September 19, 2010

80s Anyone?

Tonight was my last night in Stafford before I start the move down/over to Tennessee. I have so many mixed emotions about this, that I'm not really sure what I think about it all. Last night my wonderful friends had a going away party for me where we played goofy games and just enjoyed laughing together. I only had to say goodbye to a few people because I knew I'd see a lot of the others today. The hardest part was definitely saying goodbye to Noah and letting go of Chloe (who was sleeping in my arms). I tried not to cry because a 3 year old just wouldn't understand (and he already thinks his aunt molly is crazy) BUT it didn't work. I cried.like.a.baby.

This morning I had brunch with some of my small group and said goodbyes there. Cried then too. haha!

Then tonight was one of my best friends', Stacy's 30th birthday party. It was 80s themed and so much fun! It was a great time laughing at the hilarious costumes people put together and just enjoying celebrating Stacy (and her boo Bryan's birthday too). This was definitely the hardest night of goodbyes. I cried a lot. I'm crying as I type this.

2 1/2 years of good memories, some ridiculously difficult times, lots of laughter, some tears... it's been the craziest time in my life, thats for sure. I'm excited about this new chapter as I leave for Chattanooga tomorrow (I'll get there Monday, since I'm breaking my drive up), but so grateful for the ways God reminded me that He's been here with me during this time. i have WONDERFUL friends that I'm going to miss so stinkin much. I'm overwhelmed with the support group and amazing friendships the Lord blessed me with when I moved back home from Texas in May of 2008.


Katie, Jenn, and me
decked out for the 80s party!


Becca, Ben in his creepy magnum pi look, me, and the Jakester


Becca and me!
Bryan looking fly







Stacy! The birthday girl, before we cried.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Praying for you this weekend Molls! I even shed a few tears for you tonight;) Aren't I so caring...haha.

September 19, 2010 at 2:53 AM  
Blogger Kaylyn said...

MOLLY! if I even existed during the eighties. . i'd appreciate this more than I do.

But all of the 2.5 weeks I existed in the eighties is appreciating your costume. :)

Love you. But you know that. Cause you're Molly.

And ps) Noah is a smart kid. his aunt Molly IS crazy.

September 19, 2010 at 10:33 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home