My Photo
Name:
Location: Atlanta, Georgia

A graduate of Dallas Theological Seminary, who can't seem to stay in one place for more than a hot second. A lover of God and of people, laughter, good conversations with good friends, writing, music, student ministry, hope, and learning new things. This blog is about my life, and a place for my ramblings, as I seek God's will for my life, and strive to love others more than myself.

Saturday, June 12, 2010

Week 1

Training week and Week 1 have come and gone. They were really really busy weeks, as we set up and trained for our summer ahead, and then before we knew it our first group of students arrived. I am so blessed to be working with my friend Carrie and with the band boys again this summer, which made arriving on campus, meeting lots of new people a little less scary. We had a rough first day of camp, leaving us scrambling around to try and find a bass player, but the Lord is good and things seem to have worked out... although we miss SteveO terribly. It was fun during training week spending time getting know the rest of the staff, and I'm excited about ministering with them this summer.

Our week 1 went well. We had a lot of rain, but we adapted well. It was a smaller week, so that was good for our newbie staffers to get used to Fuge, before our next two bigger weeks. I had 11th and 12th graders and they were a lot of fun. They liked to fart in Bible study and gross me and the other girls out, but hey, laughter is good for the soul, i guess. :) I was really proud of the way that they came together as the week wore on. Sadly, I lost my voice pretty early on. I think the combo of a 4 1/2 hour practice, me being sick, and then yelling on the rec field was detrimental to the vocal cords. I'm trying really hard to be quiet this weekend, but its been difficult fo sho.

We saw the Lord do some amazing things this past week, and I'm so excited to see how the next 7 weeks go. Pray for me as the next two weeks are all middle schoolers. Not this week, but the next, we're going to have over 500 of those little aliens running around here! I can't wait!

1 Comments:

Blogger Kaylyn said...

"Those little aliens" . . .you did fabulously for both middle school weeks. .

This is the first of many comments because I promised I'd read and comment on everything. Silly me. and Silly you.

August 11, 2010 at 6:44 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home