Yeah baby.
Hey hey.. so the last couple days have been pretty crazy. Good, but crazy. One of my best friends Jessica got home from a 15 month deployment to Iraq about a month ago, but since she's stationed in Hawaii (tough life huh??) she was just now able to hop on a plane to come home to see everyone. Plus, her older sister Priscilla's 3rd baby was due around this time, so she was hoping to time it so that she could see the little guy.

So Jess got to Stafford Saturday and I went and hungout with her family playing rockband until our eyes started to bleed. Then Sunday after we did Easter stuff with our families, we pretty much did the same thing. It was a lot of fun. Stacy and Jake came over to partake in the awesomeness, which I was thankful for the break from the bleeding eyes. If you've never played rockband, you should know that it is a fun game... but dangerous. :)
I spent the night at Jessica's house Sunday night because the next morning we were planning on driving down with her other sister Amanda to go shopping in Williamsburg and then hangout in Newport News at Josh and Amanda's house... but those plans definitely got changed when they got the call that Priscilla was being induced that morning. Soooo instead of going shopping, we drove the 3 hours down to the hospital to see Priscilla.
Let me just say that I am not sure I want to have babies anytime soon... or ever. That hospital trip may have traumatized me... and I wasnt even in the room for the birth part of the deal. Just being around for the process of labor..yeah it doesnt look comfortable or fun. Priscilla is hardcore. It was crazy though... we were sitting there talking to her when her water broke. We stuck around for 10 minutes or so and then headed to the waiting room around 8:50pm expecting to wait it out for awhile... uh negative...20 minutes later we got word that Solomon James had been born at 9. 3 pushes and wham bam thank you ma'am that kid was in the world kicking and screaming. He's adorable and Priscilla is a champ! When we came back in the room Priscilla definitely didn't look like she'd just had a baby!




Even though the last couple days have gone by fast, it was fun to spend time with Jess and Amanda just catching up and hanging out, and I feel blessed and privileged to have gotten to be there with their family for such an exciting time. It was a good last few days.
So Jess got to Stafford Saturday and I went and hungout with her family playing rockband until our eyes started to bleed. Then Sunday after we did Easter stuff with our families, we pretty much did the same thing. It was a lot of fun. Stacy and Jake came over to partake in the awesomeness, which I was thankful for the break from the bleeding eyes. If you've never played rockband, you should know that it is a fun game... but dangerous. :)
I spent the night at Jessica's house Sunday night because the next morning we were planning on driving down with her other sister Amanda to go shopping in Williamsburg and then hangout in Newport News at Josh and Amanda's house... but those plans definitely got changed when they got the call that Priscilla was being induced that morning. Soooo instead of going shopping, we drove the 3 hours down to the hospital to see Priscilla.
Let me just say that I am not sure I want to have babies anytime soon... or ever. That hospital trip may have traumatized me... and I wasnt even in the room for the birth part of the deal. Just being around for the process of labor..yeah it doesnt look comfortable or fun. Priscilla is hardcore. It was crazy though... we were sitting there talking to her when her water broke. We stuck around for 10 minutes or so and then headed to the waiting room around 8:50pm expecting to wait it out for awhile... uh negative...20 minutes later we got word that Solomon James had been born at 9. 3 pushes and wham bam thank you ma'am that kid was in the world kicking and screaming. He's adorable and Priscilla is a champ! When we came back in the room Priscilla definitely didn't look like she'd just had a baby!


Even though the last couple days have gone by fast, it was fun to spend time with Jess and Amanda just catching up and hanging out, and I feel blessed and privileged to have gotten to be there with their family for such an exciting time. It was a good last few days.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home