My Photo
Name:
Location: Atlanta, Georgia

A graduate of Dallas Theological Seminary, who can't seem to stay in one place for more than a hot second. A lover of God and of people, laughter, good conversations with good friends, writing, music, student ministry, hope, and learning new things. This blog is about my life, and a place for my ramblings, as I seek God's will for my life, and strive to love others more than myself.

Sunday, April 5, 2009

Whirlwind...

So I've had a crazy busy last few days and I am running on like 2 hours of sleep, so I'm super tired. Last week, on Wednesday, I headed down to Newport News to spend some time with my good friend Amanda and her husband Josh and their daughter Payton. Newport News is also where Christopher Newport is located, so it's always good to go back there and see how much CNU has changed and to laugh at all the memories I made those 2 years I went to school there.

It was great hanging out with Amanda. We had lots of time to talk and it was just a sweet treat to watch the ways the Lord is already molding Amanda into a great mom! I wish she was still living in Stafford, because I definitely miss my friend!


Sweet little Payton taking an afternoon nap!


"The House" where I lived my freshman year of college.

Then, after I hungout with Amanda and Josh for a day, I headed down to Virginia Beach to hangout with Amanda's sisters Priscilla, who is also another one of my good friends. Pris is 9 months pregnant, with 2 little ones already, and her and her family just moved into a new house on the military base they're stationed at. I went down there to help Priscilla finish unpacking and get organized before the baby comes (hopefully next week) and to help watch the kiddos in hopes of getting Priscilla to sit down and take it easy... that girl is hardcore!

Aside from all the craziness going on in her life, Pris decided to throw one of her friends a baby shower on Saturday.. so she put me to work on this sweet diaper cake/tower thingy majig. I mean, for my first, I thought it was pretty awesome.


Lil D and Izzy... so much fun!



Can you believe how cute she is?!


The hardworking momma! It was so good to hangout with Priscilla and get to catch up. I worked with her when I interned at my church during college, and the wisdom and honesty this girl speaks into my life is so special to me. She's definitely a huge blessing in my life!


Dru, Bryan, and me singing out hearts out.
Bryan's daughter Kirsten had the sickest American Idol Karaoke birthday party on Saturday. All the kids dressed like their favorite pop stars and were the source of endless amounts of laughter. It was a really fun afternoon!


Then that night Jake, Stacy, and I headed down to Fredericksburg to see Ill Angelic play.



My rockstar friend Jon after his show. Love this guy and the band was awesome. All my pictures of the actual show didn't turn out but they were great! Check them out on myspace. Do it.


So that's the last few days. Lots of fun had by all. I'm super tired and heading to bed... hope you guys had a fun weekend too!

2 Comments:

Blogger Priscilla said...

hey love, you are the greatest!!!! thanks sooo much for all your help and company. I thank God for you and praying for you as you seek Him first. matt 6:33 can't WAIT for next visit...haha i'll be making my list!!! talk to you soon, smiles, p

April 5, 2009 at 11:03 PM  
Blogger stance. said...

love the update :) glad we got to talk on sunday! hopefully we'll talk again soon. i'm praying for you :)

April 6, 2009 at 12:02 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home