My Photo
Name:
Location: Atlanta, Georgia

A graduate of Dallas Theological Seminary, who can't seem to stay in one place for more than a hot second. A lover of God and of people, laughter, good conversations with good friends, writing, music, student ministry, hope, and learning new things. This blog is about my life, and a place for my ramblings, as I seek God's will for my life, and strive to love others more than myself.

Monday, October 27, 2008

Another Night of Music... UPDATED: Picture Posts Added at the End

Soooo tonight was yet another amazing night filled with music that makes me happy. As you probably know, I'm still jobless, which has left me quite poor these days. So, when I found out that my favorite band, The Spill Canvas, was coming to George Mason, I was pretty much super bummed. They would be so close, but I just couldn't justify spending $35 on a ticket when my parents are putting gas in my car out of pity.... plus I'd have to sell my body to get that money in the first place. I especially couldn't see spending 35 bucks for the tickets since they weren't even the headlining band. They were opening for OneRepublic.

Hmmm... doesnt my friend Bekah know someone who works for OneRepublic, like as their road manager?? Hmmm...

About a week and a half ago I facebook messaged Bekah and told her I was sorry if this made her feel used and abused, but that I really wanted to go to this show and wondered if maybe she could ask her friend Mark for some hookups. She wrote back and was awesome about me asking that of her and said she'd see what she could do since she LOVES OneRepublic and wanted to go to the show anyway. Fast forward to the day of the show when Mark calls and says that he could totally get us tickets and that he'd see us there that night.

SOOOoooo tonight.. I got to have one of the most incredible concert experiences because I got to kind of see things from a backstage perspective. I got to meet OneRepublic and get my picture taken (even though my pic turned out el-lame-o) and I got to see the Spill Canvas play after waiting flippin forever to see them again. At the meet and greet before the show, i met OneRepublic and then boogied it upstairs to make sure I didn't miss Spill's set. Bekah stayed downstairs, hungout with her friend, and the band...and managed to get us backstage passes that gave us access to anywhere we wanted to go in the building. That was kind of cool!

It's probably a good thing that she got the passes AFTER the Spill's set because I think I would have passed out if I had gotten to see Nick Thomas that up close and personal... either that or I would have hopped up on stage and jumped that joker right then and there. I'm sad to say that when the night was said and done, I didn't get to meet the guys in The Spill Canvas... who would have thought it would be harder to meet the opening band than the big bad headliners, but whatever. OneRepublic was awesome. They are super talented... and I've found over the years that its a lot easier to love a band when you get to meet them and see firsthand that they really are quality human beings.

Tonight was a fun night.
Hopefully I'll have some better pictures to show soon. My camera stinks and so I've been depending on others'... so once Bekah posts some pics, i'll be sure to steal them and post them on here. AND I havent forgotten about NKOTB pics too... someday soon.


So here's the awesomeness that is The Spill Canvas.
That there is my baby daddy singing his little heart out
in the center of the stage.





Then we moved down just a tiny bit closer to the stage
for the OneRepublic show.

fun times. i love music.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home