Tornado, gangsta rap, and estrogen
This past Thursday night, I headed to Nashville with my friend Seth. I had a girls ministry conference I was attending at LifeWay, and Seth, even though he told me not to let him buy it, was heading to Nashville to look at a guitar that he was crushing on. On our way there, I humored Seth and we listened to Taylor Swift for a hot second so he could get that out of his system, and then I made him listen to some gangsta rap and old school pop music. I'm a much better DJ than I am driver. Unfortunately toward the end of our drive we had to suffer through some scary weather... you know the kind that makes you subtly turn off the music so you can concentrate on the rain that's pelting your car so hard it hurts your ears. My old faithful Honda, Big Red, was a champ through it all. I was glad Seth had come with me though, and that he was driving, because I most certainly would have killed us or at least cried. We got to my friend's MeLissa, Erin, and Lydia's house around 11, right after the tornado sirens had stopped going off. awesome.
MeLissa and Erin (we didn't really see much of Lydia because of her work schedule) are hilarious human beings... and I always laugh so much when I'm with them. In fact, Friday morning, I woke up and within 5 minutes, was laughing at something MeLissa had said. You know it had to be funny to get non-morning person molly to laugh that soon after regaining consciousness. Erin came in MeLissa's room and joined the party. I can't even remember what we were laughing at, but it was even more hilarious whenever we heard from living room.. "Oh my gosh, I'm never getting married. BE QUIET!" oops, my bad Seth. Were you sleeping?
I forgot to mention it was 6:45am.
BUT to be fair, i was still on eastern time.
Friday, I went to the conference. ESTROGEN CITY YO! I'm not going to say I learned anything profound, but it was good to get other youth minister's perspectives on how they minister to the girls in their youth groups, and it was a good refresher for me to hear about discipleship models and current issues going on with teenage girls. I also got to see my friend Allison at the conference this weekend... so, in all it was a successful conference.
Friday night we went to this place with dueling pianos. It was AWESOME. Seriously, these musicians were so stinkin talented and knew SO MANY SONGS! People would bring up requests and they were knocking out anything from Cee Lo's song "Forget You" and Britney's "Hit me Baby" to Johnny Cash and stuff like that. They played well, sang well, interacted with the audience well. It was so much fun. It was fun hanging out with my friends too. MeLissa (who i worked camp with in 2007), Carrie (camp 2008 and 2010), Seth (2009,2010), and Allison (friend from home). The meshing of so many chapters in my life. I loved it. 4 of my favorite people... it was good for my heart.
In between conference stuff, MeLissa also took us out for lots of good food, and I got to see my best friend Stacy and her husband Lance for a little bit too. My weekends in Nashville are never long enough, but always leave me feeling so grateful for the friendships the Lord has placed in my life!
These next 2 weeks are going to be crazy! Thursday, my friend and our retreat speaker, Ryan is flying in from Texas, and Friday, the band, Ryan, myself, and about 50 other friends will be loading up cars and buses and heading out to Soddy Daisy, about 45 minutes from the church, for our spring retreat. Its been a long time since Red Bank's done a retreat like this, and I'm praying for big things!
Big things.
Hope you'll pray for us too.
THEN Monday night, Seth and I are meeting another friend of mine to go to the Hillsong United concert. Holla! I'm excited! It's weird to call a worship band's gig a "concert" but I didn't really know what else to say that didn't sound super lame. I'm grateful I could get tickets though... they were mad expensive, but a friend hooked me up with some tickets they got for a group rate. Praise the Lord cause there was no way I was paying $75 for that mess.
THEN Wednesday morning, the band boys and I are heading to V to the A. WOO HOO Virginia!! We're leading worship at Spotswood Baptist in Fredericksburg which is super close to home. I'm excited to see my family and friends for sure! We have to drive back through the night though on Saturday so we can all be at our churches on Sunday morning. Should be interesting. So basically, I'll be crazy busy until March 14. The poor band guys will be busy even longer than that. March = crazy. crazy but good.
Should be fun!

1 Comments:
crazy is a great way do define March... and I am glad you had a good time in Nashville.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home