
Bullet Points, because we all love them, and I think it'll seem less like I'm complaining and more like I'm simply sharing:
*My week has been rough.
*Tuesday had to go to an Urgent Care to get a chest xray because I keep having these asthma attacks but I've never been diagnosed with asthma. weird. They scare me a lot because they usually happen as I'm falling asleep.
*Praise the Lord I was only there for like 45 minutes total! WHAT?! Left with the diagnosis of: Bronchitis, sinus infection, and an ear infection. Awesome. BUT I am soooo thankful that I have medicine now, and I'm praying it works, and I finally kick this sickness!
*Wednesday nights, when our students start arriving makes all the time I sit at my desk so worth it! When I got here, they had this old school playlist they'd play every week. I'm talking "Big House" "Jesus Freak" (which of course is a timeless classic)... it wasn't relevant to the music they're listening to. You know music loving Molly squashed that with the quickness. NOW we listen to Lecrae.. which is hilarious, and some other stuff I've found. We have so much fun before and after church, pretending to be rappers when we hangout. It's my favorite part of my job... spending time with students, talking about what's going on at school, hearing what the Lord is teaching them, and just laughing with them. I've got a wonderful bunch of kids the Lord has given me the honor of ministering to.
*We're one month away from the retreat. Oh holy night! I'm so excited! It's going to be here before we know it! We've got about 55 people going... I'm praying for at least 10 more before our registration ends. Would you pray with me?
*My friend Allison might be coming to see me on Saturday, and that makes my heart explode in happiness.
*Today the girls in the office and I are listening to my boy band playlist. Music can turn any situation into a good one. Of course I've got some oldie but goodies in that playlist, to which we all laugh about what grade we were in when that song came out. A few of the artists include: Backstreet/98/Nsync (of course), KC and JoJo, Edwin McCain, Rascal Flatts. **Note that the pastors are either not here or their doors are closed.. I mean, we're not trying to be distracting around here! :)
*I'm starting a 30 days of prayer today. My church started it a few days ago, but since I've been so sick, I thought I'd wait until the cold meds didn't cloud my brain.
*My poor friend Steve got a dose of gangsta lyrics posted on his wall due to said cold medicine.
*So grateful for friends who make me laugh, and parents who can handle that sometimes their 28 year old just needs them to care (which of course they always do).
Thats all I've got. This week may have been less than stellar, but ya know, yesterday, when I was told about a local high school student who took her own life this week... I remembered that there is real suffering happening all around me.. people who have no idea the Hope that I know. Even in the midst of the worst day, the joy of my salvation should be so present in my life. That doesn't mean I need to be fake but in the middle of a difficult situation, I just shouldn't lose sight of the fact that I have a relationship with the Creator of the universe.. that He loves me and is in control, and has my best interests at heart. God is good... all the time!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home