2011: Year of the Husband
Look, I know I'm 28. I know I am a grown up and should be independent and all that junk, but I'm not and there are just some things in this world that I simply cannot handle.
Yesterday, I had a really great snow day. My roommate and I actually got to hangout for the first time since I moved in, and I got to catch up on sleep lost from traveling all weekend. THEN as i was getting ready to head to bed, I'm standing in the kitchen and Bethany says, "Oh my gosh there's a mouse!" and the little joker runs into my BEDROOM! I screamed, i cried, i called the boys... the mouse was hiding and I could only jump off my bed in small spurts to shake stuff out to try and find it.
Somehow I went to sleep.. after a tearful skype conversation with my friend Drew who told me how to make a ghetto mouse trap. I think it was less about effectiveness, and more about making me feel safe and empowered. In reality it was neither of those things.
This morning I woke up, and no mouse. I crept around my apartment all day, scared he would jump out at me.
Tonight, Seth came by to show me the suburban the band just bought for traveling to gigs on the weekend, and I made him stop by walmart so I could get the sticky traps my dad uses at home.
Uh, didn't quite think through what I would do once I caught him, and my friend Seth already told me he'd done his part by bringing me to get the traps.
Within an hour or two, as I was going to bed, I open my door and screamed because the little nasty rodent was caught, struggling in the trap.
GROSS.
Definitely not going to sleep now.
Bethany (my roommate) tried to be brave enough to dispose of the mouse, but eventually Alex and his brother in law came to save the day! We just couldn't do it.
Moral of the story... I need a husband ASAP so I can stop borrowing Rebecca's. Alex is amazing, but he's got his own wife to protect.
2011: Year of the Husband


2 Comments:
Gotta admit Justin came in handy when I had my own mouse incident this past summer. I was able to catch it but begged him to finish the job. I pride myself on taking care of every other critter we encounter but those furry buggers just get to me. Sorry you had to suffer through that!
I stinkin LOVE you! And don't worry - I will not call you 'Splinter.' :)
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home