Christmas in Virginia
My quick trip home was really great. I got in late Wednesday night, and spent the night at my older sister's house, got up Thursday, went to the doctor, and then went to get a hair cut as part of my Christmas present from my sister. Then I made the dreaded drive down to Stafford... it was smooth sailing until I got to 95, when it took me an hour and 40 minutes to go 17 miles! So frustrating! That night, I went over to my friends Stacy and Bryan's house, and then went with Stacy and our friend Aaron to their soccer game. It was just so good to see friends, and Stacy and Bryan's girls and spend time with them.
Friday, my younger sister came down, and then my older sister and her boo... we ate a big dinner, went to church, and opened presents together. It was a fun day with my family. Church on Christmas eve at the church I grew up in was awesome. The musicians (many of whom are dear friends) are so stinkin talented! It was the best Christmas service I've been to at Mount Ararat since I started going there when I was 14. I also wore bright purple tights with my black wrap dress, which made me quite happy.
Christmas day, my younger sister's fiance and his mom came down from Northern Virginia. I didn't feel well, so I was a zombie that day, and mostly read. That night I went over to the Griffitt's house, which has become a sort of Christmas tradition, to play games, see what Noah (and everyone else) got from Santa, and just hangout with my favorite second family. I was so tired though from the benadryl I took earlier, and I knew that 6am would come fast.
Sunday was a great day. I woke up at 6, to be at the church by 7. Some of my friends from home and I were leading worship for Mt. Ararat's 2 services that morning. Since most of the band had had to practice for Christmas Eve that week, 7am was the only time we could practice for Sunday morning. I'm used to leading worship with Becca, and the other musicians that were there are so stinkin talented, it wasn't that hard to figure out the songs. 1. Christmas music is hard to harmonize to. 2. I hate Christmas music, and so I don't know very many songs. 3. I had fun, but goodness, it was a struggle for me at some points! After church about 10 of us went out to lunch and hungout for awhile.
Sunday afternoon is headed to the airport early, to see if I could get on an earlier flight to Atlanta, so my connecting flight wouldn't be so rushed to Chattanooga. Yeah, that was a no go. Not only was that a no go, but my 650 flight was delayed about 2 hours, which meant I missed my flight out of Atlanta to Chattanooga (the last of the night). I freaked out a little bit when they told me the earliest they could guarantee to get me out of DC was like late Tuesday or Wednesday.. Uh yeah, I needed to work this week. We've got a big NYE event that has a lot left to do. Soooo Alex and Rebecca were wonderful, and drove the two hours to pick me up in Atlanta. I didn't get in their car until almost 11:30. They're amazing.
I was exhausted by the time i got home last night, but grateful for wonderful friends both at home and here in Chattanooga, and time spent with my family. It was a great Christmas trip home.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home