You Make Everything Glorious..
My day started early at 5am with a text message from Becca telling me that she and Ben were on the way to the hospital. Even though Baby Chloe's due date isnt until tomorrow, she must have heard my pleas this weekend for her to come early so Stacy and I could spend time with her before we leave for Sudan. A little before 11am, a beautiful, healthy little girl made her way into the world!
I got to the hospital around 12:30, but when I got there she was back in the nursery getting cleaned up and checked in. I stopped by Becca's room to say hi and give her a hug, and then made my way through the maze to find Ben and the nursery. Once I got to the window, and Ben held her up for me to see, I just couldn't stop the tears from coming. Sadly, even in just the few number of friends that I know that have been pregnant, there have been enough tough births or sad situations to teach me to praise God and not take for granted times when things go well. When I saw this beautiful baby, I just couldn't help but be overwhelmed with emotion and relief that she was finally here, and seemingly perfect in every way.
Ben and Becca are like family to me. In fact, there are a lot of days when I interact with their family more than I do my own! I am just so blessed by how they make me feel like I'm an aunt to their children, and allow me to be a part of their lives. I didnt think there was room in my heart to love a kid more than I already love Noah, but then when I went back to the hospital and got to hold Chloe today, I felt my heart grow even bigger.
Noah on Halloween dressed up as "Woody" from "ToyStory"
A proud aunt, holding the most beautiful baby!
Holy cow, what's it going to be like when I have my own beautiful babies to love someday!
THEN, believe it or not, the day got better. Awhile back, Ben purchased some tickets for a group to go see David Crowder in DC. 2nd stinkin row! He and Becca thought Chloe would be late like Noah and thought maybe a rockshow would induce labor... well obviously Chloe had other plans! Sadly Becca couldnt come tonight, but how awesome is it that she told Ben he could go?! The show was AMAZING! We were so close and it was seriously one of the best Crowder concerts i've been to (ive been to like 8 shows).
As he sang songs to our Creator, and I watched and listened to the people around me, arms outstretched, praising God, I couldn't help but be overwhelmed by His goodness. Spending time in worship was a wonderful way to cap off the day, praising God for the things He's given me.. things I don't deserve, people who love me, and people for me to love, and a peace to know that even if all that was taken from me, I'd still have the constant and consistent love of the One who gave His life for us all. I have so much to be thankful for!
Today was a good day... one of the best.
I got to the hospital around 12:30, but when I got there she was back in the nursery getting cleaned up and checked in. I stopped by Becca's room to say hi and give her a hug, and then made my way through the maze to find Ben and the nursery. Once I got to the window, and Ben held her up for me to see, I just couldn't stop the tears from coming. Sadly, even in just the few number of friends that I know that have been pregnant, there have been enough tough births or sad situations to teach me to praise God and not take for granted times when things go well. When I saw this beautiful baby, I just couldn't help but be overwhelmed with emotion and relief that she was finally here, and seemingly perfect in every way.
Ben and Becca are like family to me. In fact, there are a lot of days when I interact with their family more than I do my own! I am just so blessed by how they make me feel like I'm an aunt to their children, and allow me to be a part of their lives. I didnt think there was room in my heart to love a kid more than I already love Noah, but then when I went back to the hospital and got to hold Chloe today, I felt my heart grow even bigger.
A proud aunt, holding the most beautiful baby!Holy cow, what's it going to be like when I have my own beautiful babies to love someday!
THEN, believe it or not, the day got better. Awhile back, Ben purchased some tickets for a group to go see David Crowder in DC. 2nd stinkin row! He and Becca thought Chloe would be late like Noah and thought maybe a rockshow would induce labor... well obviously Chloe had other plans! Sadly Becca couldnt come tonight, but how awesome is it that she told Ben he could go?! The show was AMAZING! We were so close and it was seriously one of the best Crowder concerts i've been to (ive been to like 8 shows).
As he sang songs to our Creator, and I watched and listened to the people around me, arms outstretched, praising God, I couldn't help but be overwhelmed by His goodness. Spending time in worship was a wonderful way to cap off the day, praising God for the things He's given me.. things I don't deserve, people who love me, and people for me to love, and a peace to know that even if all that was taken from me, I'd still have the constant and consistent love of the One who gave His life for us all. I have so much to be thankful for!
Today was a good day... one of the best.

3 Comments:
love love LOVE this post!! thanks for sharing the day you had yesterday!! God is so good!!
While digging through some boxes I found something I want to send to you. E-mail me your address and you'll have an early Christmas present waiting for you when you get back from Sudan: macline79@gmail.com. So glad you got to celebrate this little baby's entry into this world!
you are precious. thanks for being a voice of encouragement and a continual support to me in my times of crazy.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home