My Photo
Name:
Location: Atlanta, Georgia

A graduate of Dallas Theological Seminary, who can't seem to stay in one place for more than a hot second. A lover of God and of people, laughter, good conversations with good friends, writing, music, student ministry, hope, and learning new things. This blog is about my life, and a place for my ramblings, as I seek God's will for my life, and strive to love others more than myself.

Wednesday, March 18, 2009

QUESTION...

It's been awhile since I've asked you guys a new question. Sooooo hopefully this one will get lots of responses :)

What is an award you've received or an accomplishment you've made that you're proud of?

I dont have tons of awards to boast about... In high school my last summer swimming I received our teams MVP award, but it was that team's first season so we were small and had lots of beginners, so it's fun to say that I was the MVP but I'm definitely not delusional to what that really means... but still, it makes me somewhat proud to say I got that honor at least one time in my 12 year swimming career.

I also received the MVP award for our church drama team when I was in high school. That was something I was really proud of. Drama was a huge creative outlet for me when I was a teenager, and using it to minister to other people was always such a great blessing. Let me just tell you that I was good at playing the emotional wreck, the rebel, and Satan. Oooohhh man I could play a scary Satan. I was proud of that award and totally didnt expect it when I received it, which made it even sweeter.

BUT I'd say the biggest accomplishment would be finishing seminary and finishing it well. School, getting good grades... yeah that was never really my thing. My sisters are both really smart and always did well in school.. me, not so much. I hated school and it didn't come easily for me (at least math and science), so for me to make the choice to go to grad school and to not only get my degree but to be proud of the grades I received and the work I did, is something that I'm proud of. It definitely helped that I was learning things that I was interested in and that I was passionate about, but still, it doesnt matter what you're studying, a 50 page paper isnt typically a fun endeavor. Soooo yay for getting my masters.

What about you? What were some awards you received and what are you most proud of?

1 Comments:

Blogger Becca said...

Well, my biggest accomplishment in high school was receiving the senior departmental award for music. It was awesome to be one of a handful of people who got to wear their department medals at graduation. I also got to go to all state choir for my high school twice which hadn't happened in the whole county for the last 20 years. I was also excited to make the most elite choir at Liberty as a walk-in freshman on my first try. That was exciting.

March 18, 2009 at 9:54 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home