My Photo
Name:
Location: Atlanta, Georgia

A graduate of Dallas Theological Seminary, who can't seem to stay in one place for more than a hot second. A lover of God and of people, laughter, good conversations with good friends, writing, music, student ministry, hope, and learning new things. This blog is about my life, and a place for my ramblings, as I seek God's will for my life, and strive to love others more than myself.

Thursday, February 26, 2009

I dont know about this...

Stacy wanted me to do this and since she's 1/12 of the people who actually read this blog, I thought I'd do it.. PLUS I really need to be doing work and I dont feel like, so this and American Idol are my distraction. Deal with it.

I love how people always preface these things with something about how "I never do these things but whatever!" We never do them because we don't want to seem like we want tons of attention, but dude I started a blog, because obviously I wanted a place to share my thoughts and who I am... soooo be excited about a random question thingy that helps in my blog's mission.

Some Things I’ve Done & Not Done in My Life

  • Started your own blog - duh. Started this one about a year ago but posted random stuff on my myspace before that.
  • Slept under the stars - Maybe? I've slept in a tent... but I honestly don't know if I've ever actually slept outside under the stars.
  • Played in a band - I sang with a band occasionally for about a year in college.
  • Watched a meteor shower - yes, one or two
  • Been to Disneyland/world - yep, when I was in 4th grade after my dad got back from Saudi.
  • Climbed a mountain - I mean, like mini ones that only take a couple hours to get to the top. Nothing crazy significant.
  • Sang a solo - Yeah, I've sang a few times in church and in weddings.
  • Taught yourself an art from scratch - uh, I dont think so.
  • Held a praying mantis - Negative. I dont do bug.
  • Had a pillow fight - Yes... but not in a long time. When grown folk do the pillow fight thing, it usually turns violent and painful.... all in the name of laughter. No thanks.
  • Taking an overnight train - I don't think so.
  • Taken a sick day when you’re not ill - Yes, especially in school.
  • Built a snow fort - My friends and I tried in high school.. it didnt go so hot. BUT when i was in elementary school we'd build snow houses out of the giant piles of snow the snow plows would make.
  • Gone skinny dipping - I think I'll spare the world that one.
  • Seen a total eclipse - Yes, a couple
  • Watched a sunrise or sunset - Yes, lots of sunsets.... and a few sunrises.
  • Seen Niagara Falls in Person - Nope
  • Seen an Amish community - Nope
  • Taught yourself a new language - yeah, no I have a life.
  • Gone rock climbing - Negative
  • Sung karaoke - haha yes, yes i have. Gangsta's Paradise and Shoop are my jams.
  • Bought a stranger a meal at a restaurant - hmm i'm not sure.
  • Walked on a beach by moonlight - yeah and it always creeps me out... we'd go to the beach late at night when i was in college (at CNU) and I'd always be afraid that crabs and other creatures were going to eat me.
  • Gone scuba diving or snorkeling - I swam 12 years but there is no way in heck I'd ever go scuba diving. I went snorkeling when I went on a cruise and it scared me to death. I like the murky, muddy waters of the atlantic... I dont wanna see who I'm swimming with!
  • Played in the mud - Not on purpose. I hate getting dirty.
  • Gone to a drive-in theater - no i have not.
  • Started a business - underachiever.. no.
  • Served at a soup kitchen - Yes a couple times.
  • Gotten flowers for no reason - Yes.. my friend Beth bought me flowers all the time when we were roommates in college.
  • Donated blood, platelets or plasma - once in high school on my 18th birthday... and now I'm blacklisted for multiple reasons.
  • Visited a Nazi Concentration Camp - no.
  • Saved a favorite childhood toy - I'm sure my mom has some. I definitely have tons of stuffed animals. I played outside mostly... so I dont know what toys left a lasting impression on me.
  • Visited the Lincoln Memorial - Yes, a lot.
  • Eaten Caviar - sick.
  • Stood in Times Square - Yes... when i worked at my church as one of the youth interns, my boss and homie, Todd piled the 3 of us interns into the car for a "staff/planning meeting" and took us to NYC for the day. So much fun!
  • Broken a bone - at least 20.
  • Been on a speeding motorcycle - Only for like a mile...and i got in a lot of trouble by the daddy-o afterward.
  • Had your picture in the newspaper - yeah when i was younger.
  • Read the entire Bible - yes, thanks to seminary, but it took 2 years.
  • Visited the White House - Only stood outside of it, right after I hungout with Lincoln.
  • Killed and prepared my own meat -SICK.
  • Had chickenpox - indeed
  • Sat on a jury - no
  • Met someone famous - Lots of Christian artists, OneRepublic, uh, I feel like I'm forgetting someone. I dont know.
  • Joined a book club - Book It is about all the book clubbing i've done.
  • Lost a loved one - Oh goodness yes.
  • Owned a cell phone - duh.
  • Been stung by a bee - I stepped on one at my grandma's house in Ohio and it hurt like crazy!
  • Bungee jumped- No way
  • Visited Paris- nope
  • Watched a lightning storm at sea- I dont think so.
  • Adopted a child- yeah like 20
  • Had food poisoning - Yes and now I dont eat Subway very often (and probably anyone else who was at that sleepover to witness that grossness) or quesadillas.
  • Walked to the top of the Statue of Liberty- no
  • Seen the Mona Lisa in France- nooo
  • Hitchhiked- No.
  • Held a lamb- no.
  • Been to a Broadway show in NY- Just one.. Little Shop of Horrors and it was hilarious. I did see Beauty and the Beast at the Kennedy Center but that's not in NYC.
  • Ran a Marathon- no but I'd like to do a 1/2 marathon some time in the next 5 years.
  • Been in three states at once - No
  • Ridden in a gondola in Venice- No.. but I hate that word "gondola"
  • Hit a home run- Uh, I did once on Wii.
  • Been on a Cruise- once.
  • Visited the birthplace of your Ancestors - sure.
  • Seen the Leaning Tower of Pisa in person- no
  • Seen Michelangelo’s David- No
  • Seen Old Faithful geyser erupt - No
  • Visited Africa- No.
  • Been transported in an ambulance- No
  • Gone deep sea fishing- No
  • Seen the Sistine Chapel in person- no
  • Been to the top of the Eiffel Tower in Paris- no
  • Kissed in the rain- no.
  • Been to Grace Kelley’s grave in Monaco- No.
  • Visited the Great Wall of China- no
  • Taken a martial arts class- no
  • Swam in the Mediterranean Sea- no
  • Visited Russia- no
  • Sold Girl Scout cookies- no.
  • Gone whale watching - no
  • Gone sky diving- No
  • Bounced a check- no.
  • Pieced a quilt -no.
  • Toured the Everglades- No
  • Been fired from a job - No
  • Seen the Changing of the Guards in London - no
  • Seen the Grand Canyon in person - no
  • Published a book- no.
  • Visited the Vatican- No
  • Bought a brand new car- no.
  • Walked in Jerusalem- no, but that is at the very top of my list of places I'd like to go
  • Saved someone’s life - Doubtful.
  • Had a baby - like 20
  • Seen the Alamo in person - no.
  • Swam in the Great Salt Lake- no
  • Been involved in a law suit- no
OH MY GOSH.. stacy, that was so long and no one is going to read all of that. Ridiculous.

3 Comments:

Blogger stance. said...

hahhaaaa, i know right! i read it on my friend's blog and thought, oh that's a fun one, i'll do it. then i got about a quarter through and was like...uh, when the crap is this stupid thing going to be over? that was the only one of those i'll ever do or ask anybody else to do. you have my word.

February 27, 2009 at 10:15 AM  
Blogger Erin said...

You have been to a concentration camp, when Uncle Bill and Aunt Sherry came to visit us. I'm glad you don't remember it!

You use to tag along when I was forced to sell girl scout cookies.

And this only kind of counts, but I think you were with me and mom when we saw ET ten times at the drive in. . . I think mom was preggers at the time.

February 27, 2009 at 3:41 PM  
Blogger Molly said...

Uh, I remember hearing about Uncle Bill's visit to the concentration camp, I just assumed mom and dad wouldn't have taken a 4 year along for that trip! So yeah, I'm glad i don't remember it either.

February 27, 2009 at 3:44 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home