My Photo
Name:
Location: Atlanta, Georgia

A graduate of Dallas Theological Seminary, who can't seem to stay in one place for more than a hot second. A lover of God and of people, laughter, good conversations with good friends, writing, music, student ministry, hope, and learning new things. This blog is about my life, and a place for my ramblings, as I seek God's will for my life, and strive to love others more than myself.

Friday, October 3, 2008

New Kids on the Block... Still Hanging Tough

So, tonight was an amazing night. I have been looking forward to this night since April... if not before. In June, I got a text from my amazing friend Stacy that said she had gotten us tickets to the New Kids' reunion tour and I screamed out loud in front of my group of teenagers at camp, most of whom had never heard of NKOTB. It was just so much fun (and super loud) to be in an arena filled with mostly crazy women who were reliving their childhood, except this time they had beer to go with their neon shirts and slap bracelets. There were a few times that I got a little embarrassed when I was walking around the streets of DC and looking at some of the people I was going to be keeping company with later that evening. Let me just say that some of those 30 year old women were squeezing themselves into the same t-shirt they got at the New Kids concert when they were 10... scary! I was definitely at the younger end of the spectrum, thanks to my older sister keeping me hip and cool as a child, but once we got into that arena, we were all one big happy family.

I dont care if they are 40 years old... holy cow they were the hotness. That was definitely one of the most entertaining concerts I've ever been to. I sat down for maybe 1/2 a song out of their 22 song setlist. They played all of the classics you could imagine, and a lot of their new stuff, which I happen to like a lot. My favorite song was when they played "I'll Be Loving You (forever)." It was just a very nostalgic moment for sure. Valentine, Step by Step, and 2 AM were also some of my favorite parts of the show. The classic boy band dancing was a hit although it was kind of weird because Danny and John were always in the back, and John, uh he wasnt on the big screen even once. Stacy and I think its because it wasnt really him, but a stand in, but that's just our theory. The guys were overall just really entertaining. They seemed to genuinely enjoy being up there and thankful to have the opportunity to go on tour again. There was one point when Jordan Knight was onstage by himself.. and he was wearing a white button up shirt and looked a lot like michael jackson.. except oh man, I forgot to breathe, he was sooooo lovely. Break me off a piece of that!

I wish there was a way to capture that mess, the whole experience and adequately describe it to you my lovely readers, but it's just one of those things you need to experience for yourself. If you're not a NKOTB fan... then you definitely wont understand. :)

Meghan, Stacy, and I danced and we sang and we laughed for hours. It was great.

Oh yeah, and Natasha Bedingfield opened for them, and I really enjoyed her too. I didnt know very many of her songs, but she has a really good voice so it didn't matter!

Unfortunately, my ticket said no cameras allowed and so I left my camera in the car like a good rule follower. Uh... LAME! There were so many cameras in that joint! Thankfully my new friend Meghan snuck her camera in, so once she posts them on facebook, I'll steal them and post them on here for all of you waiting on the edge of your seat.

Moral of the story: Sometimes reliving your childhood, and hot muscles are just what you need to put a smile on your face at the end of a rough week. :)

1 Comments:

Blogger leslie said...

love it.
love you.
i'm so glad you had fun.
:)

October 3, 2008 at 9:56 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home