My Photo
Name:
Location: Atlanta, Georgia

A graduate of Dallas Theological Seminary, who can't seem to stay in one place for more than a hot second. A lover of God and of people, laughter, good conversations with good friends, writing, music, student ministry, hope, and learning new things. This blog is about my life, and a place for my ramblings, as I seek God's will for my life, and strive to love others more than myself.

Sunday, April 6, 2008

Another One Bites the Dust.

Today I went to a bridal shower for a friend that I’ve known since elementary school, and let me tell you, it was sort of weird. She’s not the first one of my childhood friends to “take the plunge” but she is one of my closer friends, which made it a little strange, but I’m also just really happy for her. I’m thankful that we both came to the same seminary, had the opportunity to live together for awhile, and grow even closer over the last 2 ½ years. So many great memories.

The shower was a little bit bitter sweet, because as I sat, surrounded by a group of girls that have become my closest friends, I realized my time here in Dallas is rapidly coming to an end. In just 5 weeks I’ll be packing up my car and getting the heck out of Texas. I looked around the room today and my heart got a little heavy at the thought of saying goodbye to these incredible friends, most of whom don’t even realize how much they’ve impacted my life. I truly believe that the Lord placed them in my life at a time when I needed them most. I came to Dallas completely broken and feeling lost and insecure… and through their encouraging words, their laughter, and love, I feel like I’m leaving Dallas a different person… healed perhaps?

I’m pretty sure I’m going to boohoo all the way to the Mississippi river. Perhaps the trees, the green, and the mountains of Tennessee will cheer me up… because we are definitely lacking in that stuff here in Dallas.

I’ve learned so much about myself, about love, life, and about God in the last 2 ½ years. I don’t think I really knew why the Lord brought me here and what He had in store as I was packing up my Honda and hugging my parents goodbye in Jan. 2006. I know I was terrified about leaving home, but in retrospect I see it was the best thing for me. I’m not sure if the changes that have been made in my life and my heart could have been done in Virginia. I needed to get away.


Now as I prepare for graduation, and to move back home, I’m just so excited about what the next chapter is going to look like. It’s funny, I practically ran from that place… and now I feel like that’s where I need to return, at least for a little while. Just wish I knew what I was going to be doing there…

Proverbs 16:9 The mind of man plans his way, but the LORD directs his steps.

There’s a lot going on right now. Hope I can keep my head above water and get everything done.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home